Interest Rate
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

Anyone know of a class action lawsuit on this?

The 14s05 recall was done on our 2010 Mariner 're-programming' the power steering. The same issue started again-it vibrates terribly, goes in and out of power steering. Ford says it's no longer their problem & they won't fix it. Our personal mechanic has replaced the sensor ($230) as the computer told him to do it and now the vehicle turns hard to the right when you turn it on. It is completely undriveable. The computer now says to replace the module...for $600 and while you are at it, there's an update for the module....another $150 on top of the part. Not even counting labor. I'd like my 'recall' fixed CORRECTLY at their expense..not mine. There's a reason every other vehicle we own is a Chevy. I will NEVER own another Ford.

On Ford's website... basically, we played with it, now you can pay to fix it somewhere else.

Q4. What if a customer experiences loss of steering assist after the modules have been reprogrammed?

The modules were reprogrammed to prevent sudden loss of steering assist while driving. Additionally, the instrument cluster software update will provide audible and visual indications to the driver in the unlikely event of a torque sensor fault. Any subsequent loss of assist repairs experienced after completion of module reprogramming are not covered by this recall.

Q5. What should I tell a customer who experiences loss of steering assist after the recall has been performed?

The modules were reprogrammed to prevent sudden loss of steering assist while driving in the event of a torque sensor fault. Customers should be advised that the replacement of the steering column or torque sensor is at their expense.

Product or Service Mentioned: 2010 Ford Mercury Mariner Car.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Would not honor recall.

Comments