ALL FORDS manufactured early to mid 2000s have the same type of door, glass opens independently from entire rear hatch framing.Opened the window one day and as it opened the hinge that attaches the glass to the entire frame snapped, gashing me in the forehead.
The hydraulic lift arms did not support the glass when this happened. Examined the hinge itself only to find that it rusted from outer though the hold to the inner connector. Contacted Ford, nothing ever returned from my email. If you go online you can find MANY Fords with the same issue.
Besides the Cracked Tailgate around the rear Ford Logo, the entire door system in my opinion is faulty.As you can see here the hinge is cracked above and there is the lower crack as well.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- No response from ford when contacted
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2004 Ford Explorer
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I own a 2006 Ford Mustang GT. I wanted one of these Mustangs ever since the new retro style was introduced in 2005. Oct. 2013, I found my 2006 Mustang..."
- "Wow...I really don't know where to begin with the nightmare that you both have put us through, so I'll start at the beginning. January 10, 2014 we ordered a 2014 Forest..."
- "I now exactly what you mean' Jason Brewer is nothing but a big fat 2 faced liar!!! along with Nathan Hedges. I just can't believe the poor quality and carelessness..."
- " My 3 months old SC P 20000 Serial # W3DE000347, installed in Goleta, CA USA started spewing ink all over the prints .I called in to raise a complaint..."
- "I purchased a reload it pack in the beginning of December 2016. I attempted to set up an account on their website. (This is my first ever experience with this..."
- "They are horrible. I just got a coat. was supposed to be Medium, but is size XXXS or "zero." Won't fit anyone over the age of 10. I am out..."
- "I ordered three items from Rue La La and when they arrived, 2 of the 3 items were defective. I returned all three items and Rue La La only refunded..."
- "Dear Mr Bequary ,We spoke on 10/25/2014 concerning the second time this vehicle was not repaired properly. We spoke of the bad paint- job, and it's anomalies, the attempt..."
- "I bought a refrigerator and stove in May 2015. The project stopped and only last week did I remove the cardboard box from the refrigerator. What I found was a..."