ALL FORDS manufactured early to mid 2000s have the same type of door, glass opens independently from entire rear hatch framing.Opened the window one day and as it opened the hinge that attaches the glass to the entire frame snapped, gashing me in the forehead.
The hydraulic lift arms did not support the glass when this happened. Examined the hinge itself only to find that it rusted from outer though the hold to the inner connector. Contacted Ford, nothing ever returned from my email. If you go online you can find MANY Fords with the same issue.
Besides the Cracked Tailgate around the rear Ford Logo, the entire door system in my opinion is faulty.As you can see here the hinge is cracked above and there is the lower crack as well.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- No response from ford when contacted
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2004 Ford Explorer
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I've had a rattling noise in my car for a couple of weeks and I thought it was just a loose speaker. When I went to looked the shocked..."
- "We ordered a brand new 2014 Georgetown 378XL and took delivery from Cold Springs RV in Weare NH in late May 2013. We immediately noted undisclosed damage to the outside..."
- "I now exactly what you mean' Jason Brewer is nothing but a big fat 2 faced liar!!! along with Nathan Hedges. I just can't believe the poor quality and carelessness..."
- "Dear Mr Bequary ,We spoke on 10/25/2014 concerning the second time this vehicle was not repaired properly. We spoke of the bad paint- job, and it's anomalies, the attempt..."
- "I bought a refrigerator and stove in May 2015. The project stopped and only last week did I remove the cardboard box from the refrigerator. What I found was a..."
- "Have you been reveicing Redbox return errors ? I atttempted to return three DVD's and after the first one received an error message that the "box can't hold any..."
- "Even though I bought an extended warranty. Hudson's won't cover me after the leather started to peel off like the cheap leather jacket I bought at the outlet store. Never..."
- "Purchased a huge 40 ounce Whitman's sampler today. It was around $40. We took it straight home and opened it up and over half of the pieces of chocolate were..."
- "I got a Tee Shirt instead of a Hoodie I ordered and I haven't gotten anything back from then other than canned responses. The hoodie was a XL Men's hoodie...."