ALL FORDS manufactured early to mid 2000s have the same type of door, glass opens independently from entire rear hatch framing.Opened the window one day and as it opened the hinge that attaches the glass to the entire frame snapped, gashing me in the forehead.
The hydraulic lift arms did not support the glass when this happened. Examined the hinge itself only to find that it rusted from outer though the hold to the inner connector. Contacted Ford, nothing ever returned from my email. If you go online you can find MANY Fords with the same issue.
Besides the Cracked Tailgate around the rear Ford Logo, the entire door system in my opinion is faulty.As you can see here the hinge is cracked above and there is the lower crack as well.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- No response from ford when contacted
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2004 Ford Explorer
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "We have had RV for 141 days. Dealer has had it in service 38 of those days and it is still in the shop. Closed vent blew off..."
- "After purchasing a 2016 Coachmen 378RE, the following quality concerns with the manufacturer and the dealer were discovered. • Coachmen RV has an ineffective quality program. • Coachmen RV warranty resolution process has not..."
- "Subaru seems to randomly cover or not cover engines in the STi model that break piston ringlands. I had to get quite hostile to finally get reimbursed for my..."
- "Have you been reveicing Redbox return errors ? I atttempted to return three DVD's and after the first one received an error message that the "box can't hold any..."
- "I bought a refrigerator and stove in May 2015. The project stopped and only last week did I remove the cardboard box from the refrigerator. What I found was a..."
- "Dear Mr Bequary ,We spoke on 10/25/2014 concerning the second time this vehicle was not repaired properly. We spoke of the bad paint- job, and it's anomalies, the attempt..."
- "I used thumbtack for a contractor and you are right no accountability. It took 3 weeks to get a very small kitchen remodeled with. Countertops. Floor, backsplash. Cabinets and..."
- "Direct tv tech attached my satellite brackets on my roof with NAILS. I was selling my home located at 6828 Valley Lane in Leeds, Al. and the home inspector found..."
- "After paying over $100 for a new pair of Nike Air Max, wearing them for less than 3 weeks, both left and right shoes delaminated at the rubber sole. What..."