1.3
Interest Rate
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

I have had issues with the fit/trim/finish on my vehicle since I bought it new in the fall of 2009.I could hear wind coming in around the front windshield.

Under warranty, took it in and they replaced it, only to have the same issue, and the replaced the weatherstripping again. they scratched the paint while performing the service, plus I noticed other areas of rust (like inside the back hatch, at the top) so they had to fix numerous paint issues. I have had 3 of 4 window regulators fail, in which in two of those cases, I came out from work at the end of the day, and the windows had fallen all the way down where someone could just walk up in get in my car. Had problems with it not starting, in which the Ford dealership couldn't figure out the problem, but my husband did, and he's not a certified mechanic (but knows quite a bit about fixing/repairing vehicles).

That is just sad. Then, lately, Hurricane Harvey came to town, and for some "mysterious" reason, ever seal/weatherstripping in the car failed. The Escape did not go under water, but the headliner was completely saturated, there was water in the floor boards, the seats were wet, and there was water all over the wet/dry mat in the back. There was so much water in the car, the electrical system started malfunctioning and the lights were coming on and going off without even a key in the ignition.

Fearing that it was going to short out and catch on fire, we disconnected the battery. The insurance adjusters came a week later and deemed it a total loss. Now I have a very expensive hunk of junk with mold growing in it, in my driveway. This vehicle only had 25K miles on it, and it was very well taken care of, serviced regularly, and even still had a new car smell because I had taken care of it so well.

I have never been so disappointed by a car in my life. To lose a car to flooding is one thing, to lose a car poor craftsmanship is another. With everything that has happened with this car, I am ruined on Ford vehicles. This is completely devastating to me as it was my first new car.

I reported the issue to Ford, and of course, they were of no help except for filing the complaint and giving me a case #.

Now I am without a vehicle, and looking for a replacement car with a check from the insurance company that wouldn't even cover half of what I originally paid for the Escape.Ford, you really should be ashamed of yourselves for making throw away vehicles.

Review about: 2010 Ford Escape Car.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Roominess of the vehicle.

I didn't like: Quality.

Had an Experience with Ford?

Comments