2014 started noticing water marks at rear pillars in headliner.Addressed with Ford Dealer.
Their action: charge me $100.00 to clean headliner by 3rd party and replace high mount brake light assembly with new. Unfortunately same crappy designed gasket that caused leak in 1st place. Damage had begone with rust blisters forming in rear cab corners. Addressed again with Ford Dealer which turned me over to Ford Customer Care Department.
Ford Customer Care's fix: charge me $1250.00 per side to repair rust. Mind you I have no rust anywhere else on my truck. It still looks new, not a dent, a scratch or flaw. I told Ford Customer Care and Dealer this was unacceptable and I will not be paying for something I didn't cause.
There's even a darker side to my story. Worked for Manheim Actions, largest auction business in USA. I did condition reports on vehicles going up for sale. While doing reports, I notice Ford Trucks from 2010 to 2014 with same rust issue I had.
Took photos of rust and VIN numbers. Addressed with Ford again about possible recall, they don't care. Now I'm really pissed... because I worked 24 years for Ford Motor Company as a engineering Tech and found this once again unacceptable.
Raybuck on the internet offers replacement sheet metal for Ford trucks 2009 to 2014. If you can fix it, take it to a good body shop and have them do the repair. Oh... here's another nice episode to my story.
Because I took a buyout as a salaried employee and left before age 55. I lost my healthcare and purchase plan for new vehicles.
So when a 4th generation employee of Ford seeks other manufactures of trucks, there's your sign!
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Poor customer care
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2010 Ford F150 Xlt Super Crew Cab Pickup Truck
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Back in February 2012 I purchased a 2012 Mustang GT Premium. I drove it for two-three months. I put 12,xxx miles on it in that time. It broke memorial day..."
- "If you buy a Terrain which is a great vehicle, do not look for parts not available from GMC. This vehicle is in such high demand that when you need..."
- "We purchased an enclosed cargo trailer manufactured by forest river, inc. We have towed this trailer about 3,000 miles and took delvery in November 2010. The roof is separating..."
- "I purchased a reload it pack in the beginning of December 2016. I attempted to set up an account on their website. (This is my first ever experience with this..."
- "Now is 16 Jan 20:40p.m.!!!!!Again again and again confirmed pick up but not appear!! What is Qxpress doing? See it yourself, until now the status is confirmed!! BUT NO PICKUP..."
- "We pay $102.49 a month for 1. Plain home phone service. It comes with extra *** which we don't use. We have an answering machine and not interested in 3-way..."
- "My daughter got vtech's "Cora the smart cub" for her first birthday, and about 4.5 months later it stopped working. I called the support line and the only thing they..."
- "Bed broke first night I went to go to bed. Went to lowes to buy supplies to fix it, tried to get Reimbursed and I had to call over 5X..."
- "Ordered Deluxe bouquet of roses and pink Alastromeria for our anniversary at 8:30am. Paid extra for 4 hour delivery. 5:00pm - NO FLOWERS!!! Called and waited for 25 minutes..."