2010 Ford F150 Super Crew Cab Pickup Truck

2014 started noticing water marks at rear pillars in headliner.Addressed with Ford Dealer.

Their action: charge me $100.00 to clean headliner by 3rd party and replace high mount brake light assembly with new. Unfortunately same crappy designed gasket that caused leak in 1st place. Damage had begone with rust blisters forming in rear cab corners. Addressed again with Ford Dealer which turned me over to Ford Customer Care Department.

Ford Customer Care's fix: charge me $1250.00 per side to repair rust. Mind you I have no rust anywhere else on my truck. It still looks new, not a dent, a scratch or flaw. I told Ford Customer Care and Dealer this was unacceptable and I will not be paying for something I didn't cause.

There's even a darker side to my story. Worked for Manheim Actions, largest auction business in USA. I did condition reports on vehicles going up for sale. While doing reports, I notice Ford Trucks from 2010 to 2014 with same rust issue I had.

Took photos of rust and VIN numbers. Addressed with Ford again about possible recall, they don't care. Now I'm really pissed... because I worked 24 years for Ford Motor Company as a engineering Tech and found this once again unacceptable.

Raybuck on the internet offers replacement sheet metal for Ford trucks 2009 to 2014. If you can fix it, take it to a good body shop and have them do the repair. Oh... here's another nice episode to my story.

Because I took a buyout as a salaried employee and left before age 55. I lost my healthcare and purchase plan for new vehicles.

So when a 4th generation employee of Ford seeks other manufactures of trucks, there's your sign!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
2010 Ford F150 Xlt Super Crew Cab Pickup Truck
Review category
review #881032

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ford? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.