2014 started noticing water marks at rear pillars in headliner.Addressed with Ford Dealer.
Their action: charge me $100.00 to clean headliner by 3rd party and replace high mount brake light assembly with new. Unfortunately same crappy designed gasket that caused leak in 1st place. Damage had begone with rust blisters forming in rear cab corners. Addressed again with Ford Dealer which turned me over to Ford Customer Care Department.
Ford Customer Care's fix: charge me $1250.00 per side to repair rust. Mind you I have no rust anywhere else on my truck. It still looks new, not a dent, a scratch or flaw. I told Ford Customer Care and Dealer this was unacceptable and I will not be paying for something I didn't cause.
There's even a darker side to my story. Worked for Manheim Actions, largest auction business in USA. I did condition reports on vehicles going up for sale. While doing reports, I notice Ford Trucks from 2010 to 2014 with same rust issue I had.
Took photos of rust and VIN numbers. Addressed with Ford again about possible recall, they don't care. Now I'm really pissed... because I worked 24 years for Ford Motor Company as a engineering Tech and found this once again unacceptable.
Raybuck on the internet offers replacement sheet metal for Ford trucks 2009 to 2014. If you can fix it, take it to a good body shop and have them do the repair. Oh... here's another nice episode to my story.
Because I took a buyout as a salaried employee and left before age 55. I lost my healthcare and purchase plan for new vehicles.
So when a 4th generation employee of Ford seeks other manufactures of trucks, there's your sign!
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Style and Design|
What I liked
- Poor customer care
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2010 Ford F150 Xlt Super Crew Cab Pickup Truck
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Still a continued misbehavior! Mr wells is an alcoholic and commits adultery. His wife and the Corporate Management of Dicks Sporting Goods seem to be OK with this unethical,immoral and..."
- "I have a 2006 Chevy HHR LS and the interior door handle broke off yesterday. To replace this I was informed that you have to spend $300+ to buy the..."
- "The "repair" they made did not hold up.This is the 2nd time it has almost killed us. Waiting on a reply from legal counsel at Ford. It is definitely totaled..."
- "Bed broke first night I went to go to bed. Went to lowes to buy supplies to fix it, tried to get Reimbursed and I had to call over 5X..."
- "Ordered Deluxe bouquet of roses and pink Alastromeria for our anniversary at 8:30am. Paid extra for 4 hour delivery. 5:00pm - NO FLOWERS!!! Called and waited for 25 minutes..."
- "My daughter got vtech's "Cora the smart cub" for her first birthday, and about 4.5 months later it stopped working. I called the support line and the only thing they..."
- "I purchased Conspiration Pilote Canvas sunglasses from Louis Vuitton store. After carefully wearing little more than 100 times center bar canvas leather broke and fell out. Went to..."
- "Shipping is in the time. If there is some problem with a product then they will help you to resolve it (replys to your message at 24 hours). You can..."
- "We have two pieces of 30" Samsonite spinner luggage in the fall of 2010. This luggage has been fantastic. I could not tell you how many trips they have been..."