2015 Ford F150 Burned to frame

52 of 612 Ford reviews

I purchased a new Ford F150 in Dec 2015, in February 2016 I made an appointment with the Ford dealer because I was smelling an odor from the engine compartment.So I dropped the car off at the dealer and they told me it was a valve cover gasket.

I received a call from the dealer saying my truck was totaled. The dealers mechanic test drove the truck and smoke came out of the engine compartment and the truck immediately burnt to the ground. I do not have my truck since February 17,2016 still making payments on it while the dealer was investigating with Ford the problem with the truck. Dealer cant help me and I can get no one from Ford to help me out.

I have lived in NJ most of my life, I now have a Florida license but the car was purchased in NJ. I have no documentation from the dealer on the car because it was dropped off service and never came back from the dealer. They did give me a loaner vehicle, I have spent most of my time hoping that Ford will help but I don’t thing its going to happen my new truck only had 1500 miles on it. At this point I just want my money back with the purchase plus tax was 49000.00.

Do I have a case?And the tow company wants money.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Sucks
    • No one gets back to you
  • What I disliked
    • Ford customer care and warranty handling
    • No one to take my problem on
    • Manufactors response

2015 Ford F150
Review category
Auto
review #839894 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Ford? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
52 of 612 Ford reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Richie headwax

Sep 13 #1212427 Babylon, New York, United States

Tell them that the documentation was in the glove compartment and burned in the fire. Problem solved

ransom

May 03 #1153423

Doesn't the dealer have insurance just for this kind of thing?
I know when my Dad had a painting company, all his workmen were insured.
This seems odd doesn't it?

May 03 #1153419

I would think that if this happened while truck was in dealership control, or their employee's control they would be responsible for repair or in this case replacement. I would be looking for a lawyer and not only suing for all expenses concerning the truck, but also towing, and lawyer fees. As with everything, document all contacts. Register letters, save emails, ect.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Ford. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Ford.
Filing a new complaint about
×