I purchased a 2016 fusion in feb of this year.while driving in Pa down a very steep grade the car shut off.

I slid it to neutral and by the grace of God it started. I took it to the dealership and no codes were found thus the car being returned. A short time later it did the same while leaving my drive way. no codes were found.

Car returned to me. in late May while driving I set the cruise control and the car shut down for about 10 seconds and it re started. I brought the car to Mentor oh Classic ford and no codes. My wife was with me the first time it shut down and she replied to me that she wouldn't have known what to do and surely would have been killed.

I contacted ford CSR and they couldn't have been more rude and less concerned about the safety of my family. I asked ford to replace this vehicle and the CSR rep said they only fix them and we don't give out cars when there is something wrong with them . I asked her if the car was fixed and she said no. I sent an email to mark fields the CEO of ford and no reply.

This is not a tire issue or the *** lights coming on, this is life threatening issues. on 6/3/16 I was asked to come to the Madison ohio dealership to go for a ride with a tech . I was driving and he had the car hooked to a laptop and was recording the cars performance. no codes were found as we drove around for an hour and 20 minutes.

this is a lease vehicle and I purchased extra miles and this dealership has the tech take my car home to see if it is happening again. What is this? they cannot find the problem and this is a coffin on wheels, it is in my opinion that the ford motor co doesnt not care about my families safety. as far as the lemon law goes they said because there was no codes found it really hasn't happened.

HUH? I haved owned this car for approx. 3 months and have driven it maybe 7 weeks. there are no mats protecting the carpet and the cars inside has mud on the floor.

and just to rub a little salt into the wound some items we had in the trunk were removed, and we were told there was nothing in the trunk.terrible car, terrible Customer service reps and terrible experience

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. The author is overall dissatisfied with Ford. The most disappointing about 2016 ford fusion car from Ford was total experience of owning this car it is not safe Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Ford.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Auto category for more informed decision or compare Ford to other companies on our site.

I have a 2016 Ford Fusion.The exact same thing is happening.

Wouldn't start but everything else functions. Then it will start but shut off without warning. I am now 400 miles from home and it has happened again.

Closest Ford Dealer is 50 miles away.

No codes last time.They kept it for over a week and it wouldn't reproduce the problem.

Eugene, Oregon, United States #1195308

I know that There is a throttle body Recall on ford fusions. because you can be driving and it just dies, loses power and you can not even steer it. When you take it into the shop there will be NO CODES.