2.6
Interest Rate
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

I own a 2016 Ford F 350 with the 6.7 liter diesel engine. I purchase it new, it only has 27 thousand on it.

I've complain of bad fuel mileage since a purchased it and when I asked about how much def will I go thru he said, 5 gallons every 5000 miles is average. Fast forward to this week. I was going down the road and it hesitated. it was very noticeable.

Looking down at fuel gauge I seen I roughly 1/8 tank. the mobile station was heading to was just ahead. I put 20 gallons in and it started to run better. Thinking the gauge was off and I was just running out of fuel.

Then the water in fuel light came on. pulled over and drained it. turned around and took it back to my auto repair shop of 28 years. and told my tech to change filters.

I then put in 5 gallons of def. The light was also on. I leave shop that evening and light comes on again . I pull over and drain it.

I call dealer to get it in and have it looked at on why I'm going thru def and other problems. They called me back and said I have contaminated fuel. Then they said i need a whole new fuel system to the tune of about 12,000.00 dollars . NOT UNDER WARRANTY.

The said i got a bad tank of fuel. It has water and def or a def like substance is in it. OK I understand getting a bad tank of fuel, it happens but to take out a whole fuel system no. The system has a water separator on it but they said doesn't matter.

The customer care guy says water alone is enough to take out a fuel system. That tells me that the system is poorly designed and not adequate enough to do a good job of protecting the rest of the fuel system.

Review about: 2016 Ford F350 Car.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Monetary Loss: $12000.

Preferred solution: FIX THE POORLY DESIGN FUEL SYSTEM.

Comments