I have a 2011 Ford Ranger that I purchased in October, 2014. It had only 37,000 miles on it.

In the summer of 2015, the air conditioning began to lose it's cold air. I contacted the dealer asking what he thought about this since the truck only had 38,000 miles when I contacted them and I thought it was very strange for the pump to be going bad with so little miles on it. The dealer simply stated I did not purchase extra warranty and I probably just had a leak. I refilled it that summer and by the end of the summer of 2016, it would not hold any air.

I had a local auto mechanic that I trust look at it a couple weeks ago and he said the pump and compressor were bad. I explained to him that the air had not been working correctly since we purchased it with only 37,000 miles on it and he agreed that it should not have gone bad that soon. I contacted Ford and explained the situation to them in detail. They told me to contact my local Ford dealer and have them look at it and the service manager would decide whether or not Ford should replace the part.

The manager at my local Ford dealer simply stated it wasn't under warranty and Ford would not cover it. I contacted Ford again and explained this was not a matter of a warranty, it was about a part that was obviously faulty to begin with and it should not have gone bad so soon. Their response was that they would not help in any way because it was not under warranty. I will never buy another Ford and I let them know that.

(Not that they care.) Any reputable company, knowing all of the facts would have fixed the part. This was a faulty part put in from the very beginning.

If they stand by their product, then the pump and compressor should not have gone bad so soon. I am pretty disgusted with their lack of professionalism and support.

Product or Service Mentioned: 2011 Ford Ranger Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 17, 2017.

Comments