As my son was driving his new car (6 months old) his rear passenger door flew open while making a turn. Luckily there were no cars around and an accident was avoided.

Called Ford service and was informed this was a common problem and the parts are on backorder. Three days later as he was turning into our development it happened on the passenger side rear door and hit another car. No damage to the other car but we have a dent in the door. At this point the rear doors are tied together to keep them closed.

We took the car to our Ford service and they put us in a rental for two days due to safety issues while we waited for the parts. I wanted the dent fixed as well and was told there should not be a problem getting the door dent repaired. Well not so. I was contacted by Brian at Fords legal department and he informed me the door would not be repaired.

Now my point is if the door had not failed to remain closed we would not have a dent.

I feel Ford should cover this do to faulty doors but I guess they do not feel the same. Very upset over the outcome of the choice Ford made.

• Ford Rip Off