While taking my truck in for it's 50000 mile check up and oil change, they told me that my truck had no oil in it. They said, it wasn't leaking oil, they were going to mark my dipstick and track my oil usage.

They said to bring it back if it got low. Well 1000 miles later, it was a quart low, so I took it back. This time I was told, I had nothing to worry about, that a truck with as many miles as mine was okay to burn oil. I was told that according to Ford specs my truck could burn 1 qt for every 1500 miles.

Very displeased with this answer, I called Ford Customer Service (USELESS), all they had to said was if that's what the Ford mechanic says then it's correct. They only suggested that I call another Ford dealer. I did, they told me Ford spec is: F150 are okay to burn 1 qt for every 1000 miles. I told him that my truck would be out of oil before I needed another oil change.

He said, it's my job to check the oil every time I got gas. (I really like to know how many people do this, especially with a newer car / truck)

I was a Ford customer for 10 years.

Not any more.

Review about: Ford Car.

Comments

What weight and type of oil are you using?