3.0

The seals inside my Ford Escape trans failed at 80,000 miles. This has never towed anything, normal driving.

The first quote for repair was for over $5000 !*!&^%$!!!? because of the all wheel drive I was told they needed to remove most of the lower half of the vehicle. I eventually paid $2000 for a repair at the dealership. I was told they were able to repair it without removing the unit.

How often do Ford transmissions fail?

It is unacceptable to have the drive train fail at what I would consider moderate mileage. Apparently "Ford tough" is just a marketing department gimmick.

Review about: Ford Repair.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Engineer a drivetrain that will last at least 160K miles.

Comments

I have a very similar issue. I have a 2007 AWD Ford Edge that I purchased new as left over inventory from a dealer in 2008.

My drive shaft started to make a banging noise and the dashboard light came and would shut off after restarting the car. Eventually my translmission failed after only 74,000 in it.

Never towed anything despite having the stock towing package in it. The vechicle was always been well maintained.

I called ford customer service all they could tell ime is Im sorry for you problems but the timing of the warranty had expired.