Less than 30,000 miles ago, the local dealership flushed the transition on my vehicle, and replaced the fluid. In doing so, they neglected to reconnect a transmition line.

Soon, as I was driving all of the transmition fluid drained from the vehicle. The vehicle started bucking and shaking violently due to no fluid in the transmition (violent bucking and shaking is NEVER a good thing for a transmition to exhibit, obviously). The dealership came and towed the vehicle back to their shop, admitted the mistake and "fixed" it. At the time, I expressed my deep concern that my transmition had been damaged; they assured me that they would take care of it if any damage showed up later....well, it is NOW later!

The transmition began slipping and when I took it in for evaluation, was told that I needed a new transmition at a cost of $4600! I reminded them of the mistake that they made previously and was told that there was nothing that they could do. They asserted that too much time had elapsed since they made their mistake, therefore they would not do anything about it. My "mistake", I guess, was in not driving the vehicle more than I do, and putting more miles on it than the 8k miles per year that I do, allowing the transmition to fail sooner!

There is absolutely no doubt that their mistake damaged my vehicle, and that that damage manifested itself over time as nearly always happens. When machinery is damaged internally, it is very normal for the situation to get worse over time and, being buried deep in the bowels of the machine, would go on undetected, especially to the layman. I have no doubt that the transmission was damaged due to their negligence. I have had ALL service done without fail, all at this same dealership, for 10 years.

I can't even begin to describe the frustration and disappointment that I feel.

Sad, sad, and sad. Sent from my iPad

Review about: Ford Car Repair.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments