2.4
Interest Rate
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

I have an issue with a Ford Expedition. I discovered a rust "bubble" on the back lift gate of my Ford Expedition.

I took it by the local dealer and asked what the caused the issue. we lifted the water seal around the hatchback window and found the smoking gun. It is a crip point that allows the water that runs around the window seal and then collects to enter the lift gate internally and the metal rusts from the inside of the lift gate out. It has not rusted through yet, so even the limited (5 year) Ford Corrosion Warranty is not helpful.

The services guys hands are tied but this is an obvious design problem. I too have bought 8 vehicles from Ford and have kept my maintenance up through the dealer. As a matter of fact this vehicle was garage kept for 5 years and has been to the dealer for every scheduled maintenance. I live in Alabama and salt is not an issue here.

I will think twice on buying another Ford. Especially when other vehicle manufacturers, like Dodge have a lifetime corrosion warranty.

Review about: 2011 Ford Expedition Car.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

If bubbling is evident on the exterior painted surface it has indeed rusted through and its been determined the rust started from the inside due to defect in structure above that point Ford is obligated to repair it. Be persistent with the dealer, ask to speak to a rep, contact Ford Customer Service (# should in the owners manual).

Common practice to make an owner jump through hoops. Former Ford employee of 32 years.