April 2011

I took my 2000 Ford Windstar Van to Elder Ford in Tampa because my air conditioning did not work. We are frequent customers as we have 2 older Ford cars to maintain.

I figured the problem could not be anything major since we had just had the van's a/c fixed in 2009 ($1400). I get a call to find out that the compressor and accumulator both need to be replaced and the system needs to be flushed for the cost of $1300.

I asked them , what the heck did I pay $1400 for the last time? Well it was the exact same items, but it was 6 months out of warranty. I said so what? There is no way I can break an a/c system in a year , what your telling me is that :

1. possibly you did not do the job at all but charged me for it (I had this happen with a battery at a different place)

2. you did the job but used substandard parts and you don't stand by them

3. your work is substandard and you don't stand by it at all.

Why should I pay you guys again to do the job you didn't do correctly 1 1/2 years ago? (that would make me an ***)

I pointed out:

that we have used this dealer for service for quite awhile

since our cars are getting older we would be in the market for a new one.

if this doesn't get worked out to my satisfaction (I'm at least expecting a 50% discount b/c I don't feel like I should have to pay anything)I am NEVER coming here again for service and will not by my new car from this dealership.

Basically told that even though my service tech agreed with me there is nothing he can do.

Call FORD corporate explained the situation and reiterated the points, adding that I have had a Ford since I was 16 and now I'm 40.

Acted very understanding, then told sorry can't do anything. WHAT!?!??!??!

Told them you lost a customer forever and I will let EVERYONE in my power know to never by a FORD. Hung up.

Review about: Ford Warranty.

Comments

I was told (even by the dealer's service adviser) that sometimes they will give you a 20% discount or better if you call FORD MOTOR COMPANY and complain. This worked for my friend when she had problems with her moon roof on a Thunderbird that the dealer didn't "fix" correctly 3xs (except she got it for free).

You know that your DEALER is not Ford motor company right? You're dealer is screwing you over, not Ford Motor Company.