I purchased a new 2011 ford escape in january of 2011 in june i returned to dealer with complaints of transmission not shifting properly , they checked it out and said it was fine. In september of 2011 the transmission totally went out , i brought it back to the dealer they later informed me ford motor company would only repair not replace the transmission, it has only 7,000 miles on it, i found out this has been an ongoing problem with the ford escapes, i contacted ford motor company and they would do nothing for me, iam pissed is the quality ford always brags about. what a joke this is what i get for $27,000, i will tell anyone who reads this DONT BUY A FORD THEY ARE NOT WORTH THE PROBLEMS.

Review about: Ford Repair.

Comments

I also have an Escape (2009) with horrible transmission problems. I took it into the dealer 4 times in the first 6 months until I got compeletely frustrated with them telling me there's nothing wrong with it.

The acceleration is horrible meaning you can put on the gas and it does nothing. It doesn't mater if you're going 1 mile an hour or 70. It's random. Also does the same in reverse.

Does not engage quickly enough to get out of an accident if needed. This is horrifying knowing that you could get killed in this vehicle due to transmission reaction time.

We bought a 2012 in Sept 2011. Same problem, they put a new transmission, we're still not happy.

In addition, we bought to be a dingy and according to manual it could be. We have ot spent the $ to set it up and now Ford has changed the manual for 2012 and 2013 say it cannot be towed.

What a waste of money. Will they take it back--- doubt it-

I bought a 2011 Ford Fusion with all the extras. Just over 30K.

I have 9000 miles on my car with a bad transmission!!! Sounds like they need to make this right with their customers if they want us to ever buy another Ford!!!