Jeffersontown, Kentucky
Interest Rate
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

Update by user May 24, 2016

Oxmoor Ford says they do not show parts anywhere in the Ford system and cannot give me an ETA as to when the parts will come in. This is unacceptable and poor design to have the AC until failure to put lives at risk like this.

Original review posted by user May 23, 2016

I have been a loyal owner of Ford products for almost 3 decades. That may very well change.

Imagine driving on the interstate in a construction zone with a semi right in your exhaust. The road is necked down to one lane similar to what you may find on I65 South of Elizabethtown KY. Suddenly your vehicles loses all power. Gauges, electrical, radio all power down and steering and brakes are limited at best.

I have a 2014 Escape Titanium purchased new off the showroom floor. As of today, May 23, 2016, this vehicle has less than 14,000 actual miles and most of them highway miles. It is still under warranty too I might add.

On Sunday May 22, 2016 just 1/4 mile away from I 265 my Escape froze dead in its tracks. All power down and barely made it to the side of the road. Another 1/2 mile I would have been on I 265. God was with me this time, but how about you?

AAA was called and two tow trucks later my vehicle made it to Oxmoor Ford in Louisville, KY. Dropped overnight for repairs.

On Monday, May 23 the Oxmoor Service Advisor called me to tell me the AC compressor frozen, locked the engine and the entire HVAC system needed to be replaced. Ford, in their engineering wisdom, designed this so the AC components are inside the cabin. But that is only one small problem. Parts are not available and the dealer cannot give me an ETA on when parts will be available . Still that is not the worse problem. The real disaster that I escaped (no pun intended) was this happening while traveling down a busy interstate. Sudden power loss could / would have cost my life and the lives of others.

Who in their right mind would design a vehicle that when the AC compressor goes out can cause a catastrophic failure and potential rear end collision? Who in their right mind would design a vehicle with the AC components inside the cabin. What stupidity would not have replacement parts available?

I fully intend to make this widely known until Ford fixes the issue not just with the 2014 Escape but all Ford products that have similar idiotic designs. I fully intend the NTSB to know about this, my car repaired and made safe again and that all Ford owners know about this.

I have been a loyal Ford owner for many years, but this is beyond my comprehension .

Wayne

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of 2014 ford escape titanium car from Ford. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $2000 and wants Ford to offer any options to resolve the issue.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Ford for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments