Someone needs to investigate the material Ford is using to manufacture their keys. I went online and read a lot about their keys getting stuck in the ignition.

The problem may be the ignition on some of the cars but I bet the problem in a majority of the cars is the key itself. The key is bent. Unsuspecting owners continue to use the key, inserting it into the ignition until the cylinder is damaged causing the key to get stuck. This is exactly what happened to me with my 2000 Ford Escort.

I now own a 2012 Ford Escape and I noticed I was having difficulty getting the key out. The key was bent. One owner with another Ford vehicle with another bent key. This time I started using the spare.

I truly believe Ford is fully aware of this and continues to manufacture these “soft” keys.

Of course they don’t want to correct the problem; there’s money to be made in purchasing another key and/or ignition. They need to manufacture a more durable key and that will solve the ignition problem on some of the cars.

Review about: Ford Car.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Hello. I accidentally bent my key to my 2010 ford escape.

O my God!

First the heater fan stopped working, then my windshield wipers wouldn't work and then the stereo system freeked out. After I gently straighten the key and tried to start the truck again wow all is well again!