Sturgis,South Dakota

I am a current owner of a 2004, Eddie Bauer Edition Explorer I can honestly say that it has become the worst vehicle that my family has ever owned. The vehicles problems have been endless:

Replacing the transmission at 56k miles cost $3537 on Aug 31 2006, then the explorer would not shift from park on November 01, 2006, requiring $259 to replace parts. Again on May 23, 2007 the explorer would not come out of park, requiring replacement of more parts for a cost of $190. Currently the rear air vents make a loud clicking noise when engaged, for an estimate cost of $350, and the driver's side seat heater stopped working.

Currently the transmission is leaking, and will require work. Ford Integrity, Spearfish South Dakota has told me that it is leaking in a "bad place" and made an appointment for January 6, 2008. Of course the new transmission is not covered under warranty, my second transmission was done when Ford offered the 3 year, 36k plan, if the work would have been completed the next day, September 1, 2006 it would have been covered under the 3 year 75k plan. I was told to call Ford and ask if they would stand behind their product and allow me a one day grace period to have the transmission covered.

I made the phone call to 1 800 392 3673 and after a few directions I spoke with a representative named Cassandra. She was anything but helpful and simply informed me that there was no one in the Ford Cooperation that could authorize such a request. I asked to speak to someone else and she allowed me to speak to a woman named Jessica. Jessica not only confirmed what Cassandra said, she began to lecture me on how it is my responsibility to fix the car and that I should have known better since I signed the agreement. She simply insulted my intelligence and rudely told me that Ford will not consider helping me in any way.

As a patriot I would I love to buy American made automobiles and support the hard working people at Ford Motor Company. As a veteran who served 20 years in the US Marine Corps I can not afford buying your automobiles or stand to be insulted by your representatives. In the future my family will seek other auto makers for our transportation needs.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ford Car.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 06, 2009.

Comments