Many side window regulators are failing on Ford f150 2004 to 2008 models. The drivers side window regulator on my F150 is starting to fail and I expect that the window will fall to the bottom of the door in the near future, just as hundreds and probably thousands have done in the past.

I called my local Ford dealer and was told that since it was 2,000 miles beyond the 36,000 mile warranty, there was nothing they could do. They could replace it at cost.

In my mind, this is not a warranty issue, it is a design defect.This problem is happening all over the country and I am concerned any replacement parts will fail again in two years. I as a consumer will be thinking very closely next time I have to buy a Ford product even though until recently I felt Ford was making progress.

Review about: Ford Warranty.

Comments

#201652

This is not just design issue but also a grave safety concern. Try having three kids in the backseat when one of these regulators fail and window crashes to the bottom of the door.

By failing to address this issue, Ford exhibits amazing corporate arrogance and a complete lack of concern for its customers. Where is the NHTC?

#198678

I have this week replaced my 5th window regulator in the past 5 yrs all because of a 3 cent piece of plastic.(2 cars)

The cable pulls out of a plastic stop and renders the reg useless. You would think some-

one at Ford would wake up and fix this problem. After replacing an $800 plastic

manifold on a 4.6 and a $1200 head gasket on

a 5.4, I may try a different brand next time.