I own 2 Ford 2013 Mustangs. In April my son started having trouble getting the car to start on occasion.

Traveling from AL to Florida it happened to him at a gas station. He was stranded until it miraculously just started. You turn the key and nothing. Full power to all other electrical systems, but no power going to the starter.

He gets it to Florida and I check the battery, fuses, etc... Car is working again. Then in May of 2015 it happens at home in La. After letting it sit 24 hours and trying again it starts.

We took video of the failed start attempts. Took the car to Banner Ford in Mandeville, LA. They looked at the car, watched the video, and said there was nothing wrong with it. Really?

It would not start before... So the advice we get is "when it happens again have it towed in under roadside service". So, two weeks later, in May, 2015, we pull up to a gas pump, turn off the car, put gas in and try to leave. You turn the ignition and nothing.

Lights, radio and AC work; but no power to the starter or ignition. Call a tow truck. Have it towed to the dealer BANNER FORD in Mandeville, La. When the tech goes to get it off the truck, HE NOTED THE PROBLEM.

He said it did it to him once, but after putting the car in neutral and back to park it started. They kept it for 4 days and claimed they couldn't find the problem. Now, they know it had one as the car was towed in. So, the advice was "wait till it happens again and have it towed in." So all summer the car runs fine.

Fast forward to November, last week, my son is stranded at school in Alabama. The same problem... turn the key and nothing to the ignition; but full electrical power everywhere else. He has the car towed in.

Tech at Stiver's Ford was able to get it running again and said to bring it back the following week as they will have time to really look at it. Over the weekend, the car's intermittent ignition problem continued but it would start. Then this week, it wouldn't start at all. Waited 24 hours and still no start.

So towed in again. Tech at Stiver's Ford is finally able to diagnose the problem... ignition switch. Good news he says is I found the problem.

Bad news he says is Ford says it's out of warranty. The warranty expired in September!!!! I call Banner Ford in Mandeville, LA who failed to diagnose the problem and they said it isn't on them, it is an issue with Ford. I call Ford Customer service and the rep was rude and denied the claim.

I explained the above scenario and she then says that there is no record of the complaints in May. I gave her the R.O. #'s for the service dates. She tells me it is my job to get copies of the RO's and send them to her.

After complaining she agrees to call the dealer and get them. She then calls me back and says there was no problem with the car during the warranty period and she denied the claim to have this $400 repair covered under warranty despite my having the same complaint for the same problem well within the warranty period and their authorized dealer failed to diagnose the problem UNTIL IT WAS OUT OF WARRANTY!

Horrible customer service by FORD and Banner Ford in Mandeville LA. DO NOT BUY ANOTHER FORD VEHICLE AND DON"T GO TO BANNER!

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of ford car from Ford. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $400 and wants Ford to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was ford customer service or banner ford service. Author liked the most service tech rodney stivers ford montgomery al. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Ford for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments