Ford Flex 2013 Catastrophic Engine Failure

250 of 612 Ford reviews

I purchased a 2013 Ford Flex at Price Ford in Port Angeles, WA and before I even had paid my first car payment, I had to have the car towed to the dealership.The car only had 2080 miles on it and I was told the engine would have to be repaired because the cylinder within the piston broke off, blowing holes through the engine block.

We’re very lucky that the chunk of metal that blew holes in the engine block did not blow through the passenger compartment, possibly injury or killing me or my mother. At first, I was told by Price Ford that Ford Motors would only authorize a rebuilt engine and the dealership would only honor what Ford Motors would authorize. I paid over 40 thousand for that car and I was NOT going to pay that kind of money for a rebuilt engine. I filed a complaint with Ford Motors and eventually they agreed to replace the engine but both Ford Motors and Price Ford have not been up front with me and I do not trust the dealership’s ability to install a new engine.

This was my dream car; I’ve NEVER spent this kind of money on a car and for what? A car that I know in my heart will give me nothing but trouble and a substantially lower value at trade-in. I asked the dealership to work with me to do an even trade and was told absolutely not; that was a decision for Ford Motors and Ford Motors is telling me that’s a local dealership decision. Talk about a run around.

All I want is a comparable but different model car that I can enjoy and be able to trust when driving it. The first thing that people ask when I show them the chunk of metal that caused this problem, is, “Are you going to get a new car?” My answer so far is no but I’m still hopeful. Neither the dealership nor Ford Motors are living up to their promises such as, and I quote, “your satisfaction is important to us”.

I made a conscious decision to buy American and now I’m fully regretting that decision when it comes to buying a Ford and specifically buying from Price Ford.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
250 of 612 Ford reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Bay pride

Sep 13, 2014 #869594

"engine would have to be repaired because the cylinder within the piston broke off" So yeah, you don't know much about cars, do ya? lol
"We’re very lucky that the chunk of metal that blew holes in the engine block did not blow through the passenger compartment, possibly injury or killing me or my mother." Engine failures don't kill folks.
"This was my dream car" ROTFL :) R U serious? hahahahaha
"I made a conscious decision to buy American and now I’m fully regretting that decision when it comes to buying a Ford" Glad to see that you've learned something from all this.
PS--have a great day.

0 5 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Ford. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Ford.
Filing a new complaint about
×