1.4K views

I wrote the letter below ro the President and CEO of Ford regarding poor service from their agency in Lagos, Nigeria. To date, I have not had a reply. I found the dishonesty and blatant lies disturbing - clealry Ford does not:

4 October 2011

Tel no. (313) 322-3000

For Attention: Mr. Alan Mulally

Dear Sir,

SEVERE DAMAGED CAUSED TO VEHICLE BY BRISCOE FORD LEKKI, NIGERIA

My Lincoln Navigator was damaged by your Ford agent in Lagos, Nigeria. Your agent, R.T. Briscoe, wants to dictate to me on how the issue will be resolved after they have lied and deceived me on the matter.

I write to your office as a last resort. In Nigeria, it is at the order for the day that clients do not get treated fairly. My case is yet another classic example.

In short the facts are as follows:

"¢ My vehicle was damaged on 29 August in Briscoe Ford Lekki workshop

"¢ I was only informed of the incident three days later after the Service Manager, Mr. C'emeka Udechukwu, lied about the reason why I could not receive the vehicle back from its routine service

"¢ I wrote numerous letters to the Managing Director of R.T. Briscoe, Mr. Durojaiye Olatunji, and only received a reply dated 26 September 2011 on 28 September 2011. This is nearly a month after the incident

"¢ I met with the General Manager: Ford for Briscoe Ford, Mr. Oseme Oigiagbe, who could not resolve the matter

"¢ I telephonically contacted Mr. Johan Heydenreich at R.T. Briscoe who could not resolve the matter

"¢ I telephonically contacted Mr. Reg Wilkins in South Africa to request that Ford South Africa intervene, but he could not resolve the issue

"¢ R.T. Briscoe wants to repair my vehicle which implies that they want me to accept an accident-damaged vehicle with diminished re-sell value, caused by their negligence.

I clearly stated from inception that I want my vehicle replaced. At this stage I am also considering accepting a market value (pre-accident) payout from Briscoe Ford as I will definitely never purchase a Ford product for myself, purchase any Ford product for our business, acquire any Ford for my farms or factories as long as I live.

I have never been subjected to such utter dishonest, unprofessional, pathetic, poor and downright incompetent service by any service provider. The laizes-faire approach to this incident by R.T. Briscoe, and specifically its management team, is a disgrace.

I have included copies of all my letters to R.T. Briscoe Managing Director. I have attached my business card to this letter, which contains my contact details.

I trust that you can intervene in this matter in order to resolve it soonest.

Sincerely,

Pieter Swanepoel

Product or Service Mentioned: Ford Repair.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 25, 2011.

Comments