My company car is a 2014 Taurus and is driven mostly for interstate traveling. It now has 60612 miles on it and has a transmission issue that will cost $2500.00 to repair.

The way I found out about this issue was when I had my car serviced at Tire Kingdom and they found the leak and brought it to my attention. I immediately drove to the local dealership to have it looked at and they found the problem, they also informed me that because of my mileage warranty did not apply. I asked the service tech. if he was serious about the warranty not applying, he said with a straight face (YES) you are 612 miles past the warranty.

now this obviously became an issue between oil changes, and did not have any warnings of the issue until this resent oil change. A 60,000 mile warranty is a joke on powertrain for Ford when you can go to pretty much any other manufacture and get a 100,000 mile warranty no questions asked on powertrain repair. I was getting ready to purchase a new Ford of my own this year however have now changed my mind and will stick with Dodge Brand cars.

I belong to several different car clubs that meet regularly and discuss car facts, needles to say I will not be recommending the FORD brand and neither will anyone I know !!!! a thing to remember is word of mouth is the best advertisement in the business and can make or break a company, so with that being said FORD you have a lot to fix and from what I have seen you are losing market share more and more.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Honer the Warranty.

I didn't like: Unwillingness to honor warranty.

Comments

wow 60k miles a year U *** ur car really hard

Kentucky, United States #945716

And why should Ford make an exception for you?????????????????????