Within the last four months (shortly after the 3 Year warranty expirtation) three of four power window regulators have failed in my F-150. The dealer indicates that this is one of the most common repair actions for F-150's.

This is clearly a well documented and complained about product deficiency that is also a major safety hazard because when the failures occur the window drops into the door panel. My most recent failure was during a serious rain storm with my child sitting at the rear passenger window when it failed and fell into the door panel. Although this Ford defect is widely documented Ford Motor Company is doing nothing for it's customers. The cost for power window regulator replacements in my less than four year old 2005 F-150 (each door has a different part/price each of which was over $300) has already exceeded all of my combined repair costs for my previous F-150 over a ten year period.

I have been a die hard Ford product buyer (Pinto, Tempo, Granada, Mercury Marqui, Ranger and Three F-150's) but quality, customer service and loyalty to the customer no longer hold any value to the Ford Motor Company.

For the first time in my life I am actually considering trading in my Ford for a Chevy (ughhh) to avoid another window repair that could be applied to a new vehicle payment. One thing is for sure, after dealing with these F-150 window problems, if Ford is not willing to correct their problem and properly support their consumers I will never purchase another Ford product.

Review about: Ford Repair.

Comments

I have a 2004 Ford F-150 that i have had window regulator problems with for over 4 years now ...all 4 windows have gone out on me !!! :/ BULLCRAP!!!

I am so mad at Ford that there are no recalls as i see that there are thousands of customers with this identical problem as well !

I will definitely go with a dodge or Chevy next time i buy a vehicle FORD! THIS NEEDS TO BE TAKEN CARE OF NOW!!!!!!

Both power windows failed on My 2005 F-150 Triton before it turned 40,000 miles. Huge cost $850, huge disappointment when dealer wouldn't acknowledge the problem.

Ditto for me. 2004 F-150 Lariat.

I tried to raise the window, heard a loud grinding noise and the window never came up.

Ford should have a recall on this piece of s**t. Trust me, the last Ford I'll ever buy.

Exact same thing has happened to me. 2004 F-150 Power windows.

I've had three fail on me inside a year. I don't have another 400 dollars to give Ford.

It's February in Texas, meaning either ice or rain, so I'm pretty much out of luck.

I can't tell you how disappointed I am.