Sad day for huge loyal Ford customer. I brought my F150 into Suburban Ford Waterford, MI for service.

The transmission apparently has metal shavings in the pan. I bought the extended warranty when I bought the vehicle which covers until 75000 miles. My vehicle only has 72000 miles, but the warranty was over on the time. I store/don't drive my vehicles a lot in the summer time which is why.

Further, I don't tow anything nor do I haul anything and my TRUCK... again Truck hasn't even seen dirt roads or even bumpy roads for that matter. Service originally reflashed based on some TSBs related to trans issues. They even told me there was a service bulletin to replace the valve body, but I'd have to pay for that.

Not sure why the service bulletin was shared with me while I was under warranty. Anyway, long story short... this is my 2nd F150 and I've bought 2 vehicles within 1 year from this Dealership and I've bought at least 6 more Ford vehicles in my lifetime. Customer loyalty doesn't give them any discretion on this borderline warranty claim.

The amount of business and word of mouth alone pays for this 10 times over one would think... but I've been denied and will be taking my service work to a local business.

Does anyone feel that Transmissions from Ford should only last to 70,000 miles or that the customer probably was abusing the vehicle which caused the problem. Or could it possibly be something out of tolerance in the transmission that caused premature failure?

Review about: Ford Pickup Truck.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments