On May 21st, 2013, I was hit by a speeding driver and needed to replace the rear strut on my Ford C Max. It took 44 days for the Ford Motor Company to deliver the strut and another 12 days before the the Ford authorized repair shop could deliver the car to me. I was without my 7 week old car for 56 days and had to pay for a rental car. The total rental car bill for a Volkswagon Jetta from Enterprise was $3,500.00. The rental agent took pity on me and reduced the bill to a little over $2900,00.

The part my car needed was on back order for over 40 days from the time of my accident. I DO NOT GET THAT. 44 days to deliver a part? I spoke with a Regional Customer Service Manager who said that as long as it's not a manufacturer's defect, Ford isn't responsible to compensate me for not having the use of my leased car.

Shame on me for not having car rental reimbursement from Geico. They would have paid for a rental for up to 30 days or for a total of $1,500.00.

I would like the Ford Motor Company to send me a check for at least $1,000.00. It is unacceptable to have to wait 44 days for a part to be available for a newly leased car.

On a positive note, I love the Ford C Max. I'm getting 40 MPG combined and it's very comfortable inside and nice to drive.

Review about: Ford Repair.

Comments