1.5

Had new ford crate motor installed on my 2006 f150 by cam Clarke ford of North Vancouver bc in oct of 2013. I started hearing a pinging from engine area in March of 2015 so I took it to cam Clarke dealership since it was still under warranty.

The service tech ( Steve Ried) told me yes it is pinging badly and probably due to the k& n air filter that I had installed. I would need to put originall back on for them to continue diagnostic. They charged me $128 for what they had done . I then went to auto wrecker and bought ford originall air box for $200 .

I took air box and truck to alternate Ford mechanic( closer to me) for them to install. They took truck for test drive around the block and returned within two minutes. Mech told me engine was not pinging at all it was the actuators on the 4 wheel drive. They were losing vacuum and trying to engage , this was the pinging I was hearing.

They replaced actuators and truck is running great! I called cam Clarke ford and told them what had happened and how their diagnosis was completely wrong. It cost me $128 plus another $200 for a part I didn't need , could they possibly refund the $128 for the wrong diagnostic. Was told flat out not a chance!!

They agreed they were wrong but we're in no way going to return any money!

Very poor and disappointing customer service, especially since I spent close to $9000 in their service dept just over a year ago! I will never advise anyone to deal with cam Clarke ford of North Vancouver bc!!!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of ford repair. Ford needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned ford repair in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Ford.

Comments