2.0

So I guess there's a big ol recall on these hunka junk transmissions and I, of course like the red headed step child was never told by Ford.

Last December I purchased a 2014 Ford Fiesta. The transmission always felt kind of weird, but I honestly thought it was just because I wasn't used to it. If you braked then accelerated, it would shudder, or it would do it if you were creeping along in a parking lot. Mid November it got alot worse...it started to shudder on inclines from 2nd to 3rd and from 3rd to 4th..then finally lurch into gear. Taking it in almost 3 weeks ago was a scary little adventure. .right before I got it to the dealership, its transmission was all over the place. The 1st time I heard about any sort of known issue was talking to the service writer that night.

The next day I'm called that my car was ready and parts are on order. I questioned this and after much prying, I learned its my clutch that's on order and they were going to send me home in that thing because it was driveable! I said no way...spoke to the service manager who emailed Ford and got the ok to keep the rental (that I paid for with the extended warranty ). At this time their story was 2 to 3 days...maybe as long as 10. Now I'm hearing that there's cars on the lot waiting over a month for parts. Totally fed up, I sent Ford an email stating my displeasure with their procedures. That was a couple days ago. ..not a word back.

Long story short. ..despite having three generations of my family working for Ford at one point in time and also wishing to buy from an American manufacturer, I will never ever buy a Ford again. They are one of the most unethical companies ever.

Review about: Ford Warranty.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments