6K views

I just got off the phone with FMC, this was my 4th call with the company. I reported the issue of rust to my local dealership who took pictures and submitted them to FMC and ask me to contact FMC Customer Relations to open a case. I have also followed up with a detailed letter of my frustration and disappointment in a company I was so proud of for not taking the government bailout during the 2008 economic crisis. So proud, that my husband and I purchased stock in FMC.

My 2010 Ford F150 FX4 has two rust spots on the cab area. Both of the spots are not "perforated" as FMC requires in order for the company to honor their 5yr corrosion warranty. They don't seem to care that within the next 2.5 years there will be perforation and it will require much more work to correct the issue, since the dealership has already pointed out the waterspot on the interior cab caused from the rust.

Ford continues to stand on their "perforation" disclaimer, assuming they will get lucky and not have to take care of another rust issue with one of their vehicles.

I am frustrated to the point that I am considering never purchasing another Ford vehicle and discouraging anyone I know from purchasing a Ford, for this very reason. I live in Texas, which is "Truck Country". With all the social media outlets, it will not be hard for me to get the word out. I appreciate pissedconsumer.com for offering me the chance to communicate my discontent with Ford Motor Company.

Comments

I have a 2009 Ford Escape limited.I bought it new in May 2009.

It has only 17,818 miles on it. It sits in the garage collecting dust and the right rear quarter panel is rusting out from the inside out.

I called FMC customer service and they will not fix this obvious manufacturer defect!!I will never buy another ford product in my life

#1391929

thanks for posting this, I will NOT buy a Ford again. Ours is 75k and the bottom is all rusted.

I have a 2010 f150 4x4crew cab bed side rusting and cab corners only 62000 miles I live in central Illinois had a 2007 Chevy with no rust at all will not buy another ford

got a 2006 f150...wheel wells on bed are totally rusty......ford wont do anything about it,yet I heard Toyota is replacing beds on theirs for the same reason......

my 94 f150 has less rust than my 06..

ford quality????

NON EXISTANT!!!

BUY A DODGE

Lawrence, Kansas, United States #1259519

FORD, GM, HONDA.....whatever brand. They all have the same rust through perforation policy. It isn't just Ford.

I have a 2010 f150 XLT showing lots of rust on both rocker panels.

It's my weekend car, not even a daily driver. Piece of ***!! I'll never by junk Ford products again

Louisville, Kentucky, United States #1194179

Having the same thing. 2010 F150 4x4 supercrew. Driver side at the rear bottom of the cab.

to Anonymous #1378344

Must be common spot, same truck same year same spot

My 2010 F-150 truckbed is starting to rust out.Only has 71000 miles.

I live in Virginia and we have mild winters with little snow. FMC says its a dealership issue. The dealership won't do anything about it.

Don't buy from Sheehy Ford of Richmond.$2500 to repair rust damage.

I have a 2014 F150 Already rusting in the frame and lots of parts bad, only 15000 miles ...fighting with them now , probable will have to contact the better business bureau,what a head ache....