6.5K views

I just got off the phone with FMC, this was my 4th call with the company. I reported the issue of rust to my local dealership who took pictures and submitted them to FMC and ask me to contact FMC Customer Relations to open a case. I have also followed up with a detailed letter of my frustration and disappointment in a company I was so proud of for not taking the government bailout during the 2008 economic crisis. So proud, that my husband and I purchased stock in FMC.

My 2010 Ford F150 FX4 has two rust spots on the cab area. Both of the spots are not "perforated" as FMC requires in order for the company to honor their 5yr corrosion warranty. They don't seem to care that within the next 2.5 years there will be perforation and it will require much more work to correct the issue, since the dealership has already pointed out the waterspot on the interior cab caused from the rust.

Ford continues to stand on their "perforation" disclaimer, assuming they will get lucky and not have to take care of another rust issue with one of their vehicles.

I am frustrated to the point that I am considering never purchasing another Ford vehicle and discouraging anyone I know from purchasing a Ford, for this very reason. I live in Texas, which is "Truck Country". With all the social media outlets, it will not be hard for me to get the word out. I appreciate pissedconsumer.com for offering me the chance to communicate my discontent with Ford Motor Company.

Comments

I have a 2010 Escape with 61k miles on it.It is parked in the garage every night and washed at least once a week.

My passenger side wheel well is rusted and Ford pretty much told me .. gee sorry about your luck. Since mine started to rust I have been watching all the Fords and they all have that problem. Ford has issued a "problem report" sonthey know they have an issue, but they refuse to do anything.

I will drive mine till it dies because it is paid for. But I will NEVER buy another Ford. I tell everyone I know not to buy Fords for this reason. I told Ford that also but they don't care.

Customer service SUCKs.This is my last Ford

I have a 2009 Ford Escape limited.I bought it new in May 2009.

It has only 17,818 miles on it. It sits in the garage collecting dust and the right rear quarter panel is rusting out from the inside out.

I called FMC customer service and they will not fix this obvious manufacturer defect!!I will never buy another ford product in my life

#1391929

thanks for posting this, I will NOT buy a Ford again. Ours is 75k and the bottom is all rusted.

I have a 2010 f150 4x4crew cab bed side rusting and cab corners only 62000 miles I live in central Illinois had a 2007 Chevy with no rust at all will not buy another ford

to Anonymous #1464166

Thanks I have a 3010 Escape and rear wheel wells are rusted.Ford says sorry about your luck.

This is my last Ford also.I am telling everyone I know to not buy a Ford

got a 2006 f150...wheel wells on bed are totally rusty......ford wont do anything about it,yet I heard Toyota is replacing beds on theirs for the same reason......

my 94 f150 has less rust than my 06..

ford quality????

NON EXISTANT!!!

BUY A DODGE

Lawrence, Kansas, United States #1259519

FORD, GM, HONDA.....whatever brand. They all have the same rust through perforation policy. It isn't just Ford.

I have a 2010 f150 XLT showing lots of rust on both rocker panels.

It's my weekend car, not even a daily driver. Piece of ***!! I'll never by junk Ford products again

Louisville, Kentucky, United States #1194179

Having the same thing. 2010 F150 4x4 supercrew. Driver side at the rear bottom of the cab.

to Anonymous #1378344

Must be common spot, same truck same year same spot

My 2010 F-150 truckbed is starting to rust out.Only has 71000 miles.

I live in Virginia and we have mild winters with little snow. FMC says its a dealership issue. The dealership won't do anything about it.

Don't buy from Sheehy Ford of Richmond.$2500 to repair rust damage.

I have a 2014 F150 Already rusting in the frame and lots of parts bad, only 15000 miles ...fighting with them now , probable will have to contact the better business bureau,what a head ache....

Crestwood, Kentucky, United States #1139195

I've got a simular problem on my 2013 ford exployer.My hood has corrosion all around the front.

Found out its an aluminum hood. It's not a hole yet but it's corroded underside and outside. They only want to pay half if the price to fix. So the problem is the warranty is from the company that writes the warranty .

It is noted with me now , that this is the Ford company name they want to be . I didn't expect this from Ford . The price on my xlt was just under 40,000$ . I didn't expect to be driving a car I bought new in 2013 in 2016 with a body that is starting to look 10 years old.

My 2004 Ford f250 has no rust or corrosion . Buyers beware of the new aluminum .

It's lighter but looks like it won't hold up as well.Thanks for reading.

to Tim M #1331948

All the aluminum does is make them easier to push when they quit.

to Tim M #1395931

We have a 2013 Ford Explorer with the very same problem in the very same place.

A specialist in automotive steel says that it must have had rust before the hood was painted.We are not happy about this!

No quality control! No quality product!

Make America Great again!Please!

to Tim M #1461739

Hi, I have a 2015 XLT Explorer with 38'000 and the hood edge s rusting all around.Dealer took pics but said to be honest Ford will not do anything.

I said fine then you fix it. Still waiting on an answer on that.

It's hard to believe the dealer and Ford Hq want me to advertise this beautiful explorer with a rusted hood.If dealer does not make it right it will be the last Ford I ever buy.

Dave Welch says *** Ford Motor Co.

Just so you know Ford Motor Company did in fact take government money.

I live in Corpus Christi, Texas.Just had my Corrosion Warranty request denied by FMC.

The Service Advisor at AutoNation Ford (Richard Tucker) does not understand why FCM would deny my claim. Water is getting inside the cab thru a hole in the lower LH corner of the Cab Brake Light. Navy Federal just approved me for a new F150 however, will be getting myself a new Dodge instead. I am extremely disappointed with Ford and feel discriminated again.

Johnny Solis

U.S.

Navy (Ret.E8)

Dearborn, Michigan, United States #841797

Ford found a way to improve their warranty repair numbers, just don't cover anything.