Ford Windstar Recall Death Trap
The "repair" they made did not hold up.This is the 2nd time it has almost killed us. Waiting on a reply from legal counsel at Ford. It is definitely totaled with the damage. I guess enough people haven't died yet to do a mass recall. Even if you had the recall done, it obviously doesn't work. How many families traveling 70 mph down the highway with this faulty vehicle need to die? Thanks Ford for making our cars DEATH TRAPS. FORD WINDSTAR. I hope many see this post and start demanding their cars be replaced before they kill someone.
My initial complaint attached also This was when the sub frame collapsed and the car fell apart:
I have to say I was completely shocked by the lack of customer service by their service manager Larry Porter and their public relation person. We had our car frame severe in half while driving the vehicle down the road. The axle dropped out the side of my car and the engine made an awful noise. The motor dropped as this happened and the car was unable to move. I had to have it towed (at my expense $89) to the dealership because they wouldn't come and get it. It was towed and I inspected the vehicle because I had to sign a release of damage with the towing company. THERE WAS NO DAMAGE TO THE FRONT OF THE CAR. Had their been damage I would have called my insurance company to file a claim.
My husband and I went to see the next day how long it would take to get the car fixed and noticed the bumper was dented. My husband spoke to Larry Porter the service manager for all their dealerships and he said it looked like old damage and is was rusted, It is a plastic bumper people it won't rust. The front tire would not move and they had to bring a tow truck with dolleys to get it to the lot. What I think happened is they had trouble getting into the garage because the passenger was dropped to the ground and put something on the front to pry the front end up to drag it into the garage causing a dent in the bumper.
We confronted the service manager Larry Porter and he said his reputation is worth more than our word that the car did not have that dent. They said they would review the lot tapes to see how it happened no one ever called to let us know if they saw how it was damaged.
The service manager Larry said he would have our van to us the next day. We asked for a courtesy vehicle which is customary when a car is recalled and must stay with the lot. He would not give us one. We asked for a meeting with the owner to discuss the damage to our car they would not schedule it.
The next day Larry called saying they would be giving us a rental because they would have the car for a week. Well a week turned into almost a month. I picked up the car and they handed me a service list saying the left tire rod was loose, the brakes needed to be replaced and the transmission case had a hole in it. Let's see a car drops on one side and that wouldn't put stress on the left tire rod as Larry had said. The axle spinning out of its housing unit and grinding as it did would not damage the vehicle according to Larry. The transmission case drags across the ground as the car comes to stop and that would not damage the car according to Larry.
My car now hops forward as its riding down the road and has trouble going up hills. This all happened to the car when it was in the accident from the recall. Neither Larry or their pr rep. would schedule an appointment with the owner to express our concerns. They would not even give me the number to corporate.
I would advise anyone needing this recall to go to a different dealership. I would also advise anyone about to drop a lot of money in this economy on a car from them to think twice. If this is how they treat someone with a valid warranty claim how will they treat you if your brand new car has an issue.
The sub frame was replaced and they even used the old hardware to save money. My brand new sub frame is held together with my rusty old bolts. I fear for the next accident hopefully my children won't be in the car this time.
So no we are in round three of this death trap of a van. The customer service representative asked me. "What would you like Ford to do?" I want a car that is not continually falling apart. I wanted a buy back option in the beginning. i feel that a significant percentage above blue book is required at dealer price levels. I kept the van after the first repairs because I could not afford another vehicle and I could not bring myself to sleep at night worrying about the person and their family I sold it to.
I see no reason why the buy back option should not be available to me and others out there with these repairs that are faulty. I guess enough people haven't died for the corporate people to lose sleep and bring back the vehicles that can kill others because of manufacturer defects. Jessica Simpson naked photos here. What is that? Obama ends national debt. Clippers slay racist owner. Just a couple things at the end here to key word my rant so people can see it. Please share the images on Facebook and with family and friends that you love. This will kill someone if it hasn't already.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Van Repair
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "The paint is peeling, in huge sheets, from my Windstar Van. I have seen other Windstar Vans with this same problem. The paint is coming off in sheets from..."
- "Problems: Dropped of 2004 Nissan Titan on 12/9 to have it painted Nissan white Q10. Agreed upon price $1,375. Was told work would be completed by Friday 12/13. Placed call..."
- "Hi, I had Hercules tires installed on my 2009 jeep patriot July 17 / 2013 size P215/70/0R16.The first thing I noticed is that my jeep was very rough driving and the..."
- "I'd like to bring to your attention a service and product quality breakdown (both of these). Last week I took my mother-in-law to your store because I happened to be..."
- "I must say I have seen some complicated scams before but this one ranks right up there. Do not do any work with this so called media group called Zillion..."
- "You are selling a product called syringe pens. In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate. Its one thing for a doctor to use it as..."
- "At lunch time we went yo safeway to get some food. We got some beans dip and some tostitos dipping rolls to start with. What a sorprise we had when..."
- "In 18 months time they burned up my yard the first year, I suffered the embarrassment of a dirt front yard for the whole summer 2015. They came back in..."
- "I purchased a brand new laptop computer on November 29th and it was sent on November 30th. I received the computer on December 6th. On Decemberr 7th, I opened the..."