Ford won't honor recall 14S05.Fords recall states ford has authorized dealers to update modules to prevent loss of steering.

Update provides driver awareness sounding chime, displaying wrench light. Alternatively, the dealer may need to replace torque senor or the steering column. This service will be performed free of charge(parts and labor) Had update done didn't fix steering. My steering still goes out.

I took it back and ford says sorry we did recall work. Nope they did not replace torque senor or steering column.

Was told recall for my car is shut down.thank for nothing ford motor company

d1082b3 review #560346

Review about: Ford Car.

Preferred solution: I want ford motor company to honor their recall. .

Comments

Stony Point, New York, United States #959721

2003 windstar has a cracked rear axle. In 2011 they put "patches" to fix. Their termonolgy.

Well after 2hurricanes and 3 consecutive harsh winters it is cracked.

Called customer service was told they have done all they are required to do

I am not resting at this.

I had the exact same issue and experience at the dealer. Ford is scamming customers.

Shame on Ford.

I called Ford many times to explain the situation, they do not want to hear the logic!!!

I will never buy another Ford in my life. Shame on Ford for Scamming customers!!!

to Anonymous Boulder, Colorado, United States #944268

I did as well.

Since Ford refused to do anything for me either, I filed a Petition with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration pursuant to 49 CFR 557.4, which requests a determination from the NHTSA regarding whether Ford adequately met its obligation to remedy recall 14S05.

I argue it did not. I encourage you to do the same given your experience. If you'd like more information on the petition I filed, please respond to this comment.

Petitions can be submitted here: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

Attn: Administrator

400 Seventh Street, SW.

Washington, DC 20590 Petitions must include the word "Petition" and must specifically request for a hearing for the NHTSA to hold a public hearing to try and resolve the issue.