A design flaw by Ford allows spiders to spin webs in my 2012 Ford Escape Limited fuel tank air hose. Dealer claimed it happens all the time?

Why no recall or fix by the Ford Company? Internet search revealed a recall by Mazda for same problem.$250.00 to remove spider webs from my fuel tank breathing hose. Gas pumps kept shutting off when trying to refuel. Dealership fixed problem and said in occurs frequently.

I am running out of words to describe this problem.

Why do the details need 100 words? That should be one hundred words just about now.

Comments

Morristown, New Jersey, United States #778874

Same thing just happened with my brand new Ford Escape; less than a 1,000 miles! Dealer and cooperate were all jerks!!!

They offered a free oil change and later a free fix of anything else that might go wrong...with my lease I get 2 free oil changes and obviously they must fix anything that goes wrong....that's the perks of a lease! Overall, they have awful customer care and no respect for the fact that a mother had to sit on the side of the road for one and half hours in the freezing cold and arrange for her one year old twins to be picked up and taken care of. They then treated me like *** at the Beyer Dealership and were not going to give me a ride home and told me I would have to wait for a rental until tomorrow.

Basically, my husband and I are very disappointed with our decision to go with a Ford and have been regretting it ever since this whole situation with the car and terrible customer service offered by the dealership. I shouldn't have to feel unsafe and worried about what is going to go wrong every time I get into my brand new car...Thanks Ford!