Malfunction of safety devices in brand new Ford Focus
On 10-31-13 my 22 year old son was involved in a serious high speed read end accident.He was sitting at a red light when hit by a Toyota SUV going between 45-50 MPH.
My son's airbag did not go off (maybe they are not designed to go off when hit in the rear?)
but even worse he hit the steering wheel and cut his forehead open. He ended up in the hospital where he required 21 sutures to close his laceration. We have hired a law firm as the woman that hit him was sick and should not have been driving. Heres the kicker- We were advised that a lawsuit against Ford would be very expensive and could drag on 5-6 years.
My son did not obtain life threatening injuries so it is not an option to file suit against Ford.
I contacted Ford yesterday to report the incident and I spoke with Julie who was very nice and took all the accident information from me and advised that she would be forwarding the information to the legal department. I was advised that I should be hearing from them in about two weeks via mail. I discussed the fact that my son purchased his very first new car and just recently moved into his first apartment and now he is missing work and is very concerned that he is not going back to work for at least two weeks. He was seen yesterday my a Dr and was informed that he has a serious neck and back injury.
How does this happen with a brand new car? My son could have been killed in this new car. My son did everything right, had a seat belt on and he still was seriously hurt. He paid around $20,000 for this car 11 months ago, has made 11 payments at just over $4000, put $1500 down and owes $17,400.
The insurance company is going to pay off just about $14,500 so he is $3000 negative on a car that could have got him killed.
Lets see what Ford Motor Company is going to do to make this unfortunate situation better.Will keep posting updates.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Car Safety
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "On 9/15/2011, my husband and mother-in-law purchased a used car from Mr. Herbert. Mr. Herbert signed the "Certificate of Title" over to my mother-in-law. Two days later, Mr. Herbert called..."
- "Direct Buy Warranty is a scam. I am confused how this company has been able to rip people off for so long and get away with it, is New Jersey..."
- "I purchased a 2013 Ford Flex at Price Ford in Port Angeles, WA and before I even had paid my first car payment, I had to have the car towed..."
- "I buy pretzels from here all of the time. This is what my sister always wants for Christmas. We pretty much love them. I just bought a basket..."
- "I bought woodworking plans from an online retailer called TheGeekPub.What I received was a bunch of stolen plans! Plans they downloaded from reputable websites and then bundled without permission into a..."
- "Went in for a pedicure and callous remover. The callous remover grater slipped and took a gash out of the back of my heel. I complained about pain and bleeding..."
- "Be very, very, very cautious of dealing with this company. I will not ever do business with them again. I have been trying to get them to replace a coil..."
- "Last Thursday, my 2005 Dodge Ram locked down while driving a block from my house. It dropped the driveshaft and rear wheels locked. I found that there was..."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."