Class Action Law suit 2004 Ford F150 4.6 litre. I have taken good car of this truck which only has 45,000 miles on it.

A few months back the rear window just feel into the door. Cost to replace the window regulator was approx $400. Now with only 45,000 miles and the car has been taken care of, the paint is peeling. It amazes me that Ford could care less about standing behind their products and both issues are clearly manufacturing defects.

Anyone want to join in a class action on these paint issues count me in.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ford Car.

Comments

Sacramento, California, United States #1321815

I have a 2007 f150 I had the truck bed repainted by the Ford dealer when it was under warranty now it's pealin below the window and the truck bed after the warranty ran out this is sick they knew there was a problem with the paint, "pissed"

Whittier, California, United States #1020836

Go to small claims court. The reason the paint peels is that it is too thin.

They cheated us to save money!

Here is the proof. http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/business/Ford-Owners-Upset-About-Bad-Paint-Jobs-130218428.html

The clearcoat on the hood of my 2000 F-150 appears to be burning up in the sun; rest of paint is OK. My other Ford cars with clearcoat over metallic looked great, right to the day they were junked.

IS there any remedy besides my paying for new paint?

I've had my hood re-painted three times, the dealer refuses to do anything but to keep repairing it. when does it become necessary to replace it and solve the problem.

#196778

We have written several letters to Ford’s Board of Directors, Global Quality Director and Chief Paint Engineer. We know many of these executives personally.

Ford uses our technology for paint durability analysis in plants throughout North and South America.

Ford (corporate) has requested that we no longer contact them on this issue. Despite the fact that Ford personnel has initiated contact with us (unsolicited, they contacted us, not us contacting them) and receives updates on a daily basis in regard to our paint durability research.

The paint suppliers are in charge of supplying vehicles painted to Ford at Ford’s specifications. This has not occured and it is obvious that Ford (corporate)is not reviewing their own durability data which is readily accessible in their plants.

Quite simply, millions of Ford vehicles painted below Ford’s factory specifications have been released to the consumer.

Ford, Auto Dealer and the consumer (including police departments in 40 states) have received factory paint defects.

We have also contacted the Detroit News, the Detroit Free Press and several auto trade magazines on this story. The industry knows about this issue. It is no secret.