Colette E Ewd

Verified Reviewer

The Walmart of car companies!

Ford - The Walmart of car companies!
Ford - The Walmart of car companies! - Image 2
Ford - The Walmart of car companies! - Image 3

This was the first car that I bought, a white, 2017 Ford Escape. I kept getting rust spots that had to be buffed out, not rail dust.

Cheap paint, cheap clear coat. One day, after going through the car wash, the water pressure blew paint off from around the windshield. Now, the tailgate sensor went bad and caused welds to pop out of the door, so now the door won't close with the replaced part. They refuse to fix the tailgate, saying that it's a body issue and beyond the extended warranty.

If the part wasn't cheap enough to fail in the first place, no damage would have been done to the door. Now they say it will be on me to pay $3,000 to replace the tailgate. Never mind the peeling paint around my windshield. Ford has no accountability for cutting corners and putting cheap parts on a car.

It denies everything and puts 100% on the client. If you're looking for loyalty—this is not it. I have had the windshield wiper motor replaced, speakers replaced, the electric system started buzzing when turned off, seat belt buckles replaced from breaking easily... this is not a matter of being overused; things like this don't happen even on older cars.

The parts are *** period. Good luck paying for this car twice! We will not be buying our F150.

Screw Ford. They are the new Walmart of companies.

Loss:
Cons:
  • If your one month past warranty they do not care
  • Will blame you for everything

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Don't buy a ford all your parts will fail!!!

Jeffrey P Mvy

| map-marker Charleroi, Pennsylvania

Price Shenanigan's

Ford - Price Shenanigan's
Ford - Price Shenanigan's - Image 2

Mr, Davies,

I have some concern about getting cheated / screwed out of purchasing a 2011 Kia Optima EX from you yesterday on 2/27/24.

It was and still listed for $7,515.00 on your site as well as carfax site, once we looked at the car and decided to purchase the car we started the finance process. After filling out the required paperwork, your internet manager Bob (was great to deal with) went to financing and about 20 minutes to half hour later came back and said we can't sell you the car at that price of $7515.00, he said it would be OVER 12,000!!!

Where in the heck did this number come from?

His explanation (which was rehearsed with the GM, I partially overheard the conversation) that he provided us was BS, he said that multiple 3rd parties have hands in the process to list the vehicle, take the photos, add the descriptions etc and whoever did the 2011 Kia Optima EX for 7515.00 was wrong.

This is a classic gouging and or bait and switch on the pricing, unfortunately we had to walk out on the car we were going to purchase at $7515.00.

It's pretty funny, after we left your business, we did some more research and found several NEWER Kia Optima EX with a V6 motor comparable miles and in just as good shape if not better.

The prices ranged from 6800.00 up to 7995.00, so where your mysterious price of over 12,000.00 came from is unknown and hard to believe.

We feel that your dealership was trying to get more money from us or even the next person. I will be sending this information off to the BBB for further investigation and also contacting our attorney regarding the PRICE GOUGING of the consumer.

This action is uncalled for and needs to be addressed by you, the General manager and Bob the internet manager.

2/27 price on dealer site and carfax sites was 7515.00 now after our adventure looks like your dealership just changed the price to 12,788.00 within the last hour on 2/28 11:30am

KIa VIN --- KNAGN4A77B506****

Pros:
  • Had a good deal
Cons:
  • Changed price on us in middle of financing

Preferred solution: I want to know how they can get away with this more than 5,000.00 dollar bump in price!

User's recommendation: DONT GET SCREWED!! on 2/27 on dealer site price was 7515.00

Guest

Depending on what state you live in I would contact my states Attorney General and file a consumer complaint against the company. It doesn't cost a thing and I have found most companies don't want to deal with a states Attorney General. It has worked for me with issues with both Amazon and WalMart

Marilyn Lucy.

I’ve been using Ford for a very long time and I’ll continue buying Ford. Just got my branded New 2023 Bronco which I place an order from fordmotorscompany97@ g mail.

com with 3 years warranty and I’m happy using my bronco for the past 6months now without having a single issues.

I made the best option in placing my order from Ford because I knew that’s the only way I will be able to have the best product. One thing I love about my Bronco is the speed acceleration, too smart and strong.

Guest

People who have attorneys aren’t looking to buy 13 year old cars for $7500. Nice try

Jeffrey P Mvy
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2491864

When your looking for a beater to run back and forth to work getting surprised by a 5000 dollar increase is wrong. Nice try on your part also

View more comments (3)
Kevin M Fqm

| map-marker Montebello, California

Very unsatisfied customer service

See my letter sent to the general manager at Ford of Montebello concerning my repair problems.

Good afternoon Mr. Valles,

My name is Kevin Mayer and I had my 2007 Ford Ranger towed into your service department on Friday 2/9/2024, for a no start problem.

My advisor is Miguel, and my repair order is 281413. I was informed on Wednesday 2/14, that the pcm is defective and needs replacement. I gave the authorization for $1338.62 on 2/14/2024 to continue with repair. I was informed the part is obsolete, which I understand, and they need to get one from a supplier in New York, NY.

Time given was 2 weeks to receive the part. I Inquired why can we not find a more local supplier, and was told would be same the time frame. Let me say before I continue, I worked in the parts department for Bob Wondries Ford for 17 years and I was able to get aftermarket market pcm from local suppliers within 7-10 days. I also spent 18 years working as a service advisor for San Gabriel Valley Lincoln Mercury so I know the operation of a Ford dealership.

I inquired about the progress report being made on my truck to Miguel on Thursday 2/22/2024. No response back from Miguel, so I contacted him again on 2/24/2024 asking why I have not heard anything. Was informed that he had just come back from vacation and would find out from parts. No responseback.

On Monday 2/26/2024, I contacted Miguel once again, asked Miguel what is going on with my truck repair. Was told parts was trying to get information from their supplier. I questioned the fact why can't someone call this place and get a proper answer, I was told they only communicate by email and no response from them yet. I am sorry to say, that this is very disappointing coming from both your parts and service department.

Seems to me like the "I don't care, your vehicle is old" attitude is being given to me. I towed my truck into a Ford dealership thinking I would get the same type of good service I got at Bob Wondries Ford but as of now I would not recommend Ford of Montebello service to anyone. So, now here we are at Thursday March 7th, and once again I am the one having to contact Miguel about my vehicle. May I say, that not once so far has Miguel contacted me to keep me posted or informed unless I make the contact first.I am the paying customer!

I am being told now that the supplier has shipped the part and Miguel would get me a tracking number. I have repeatedly asked for the tracking number 3 times now, and am being told they have not obtained that from their supplier. At this point my frustration is at a very high level. What do you mean that in 3 days time no one in the parts department can call this company or get a proper answer regarding where my part is or a tracking number??

If it was shipped last Wednesday why is it not here yet??. We are now into 5 weeks my truck has been down in your service department and further more no transportation assistance is offered by your dealership either for a customer paying over 1300.00 bill. I also reached out to your service manager, Steven Chen asking for help getting my truck back, and as of today I have heard no response back from Mr. Chen.

I find that very unprofessional being the service manager can not even acknowledge my concern with a reply back to my email. So now I am reaching out to you as the General Manager for assistance in getting my truck repair done. This whole experience is the worst service I have ever had. Every one I have talked to agrees that 5 weeks waiting for 1 aftermarket part is ridiculous and the fact that I can not get any proper date or time of completion from Miguel or the parts department is totally unacceptable at this point.

I also want to make sure that when my truck is returned to me, that it is washed, clean and free of any defects the same way that I left it in your dealership 5 weeks ago. I would also like to see a significant compensation on my bill for the loss of time, rental expense and frustration your dealership is causing me. I am also reaching out to Ford Motor Company service division and customer relations regarding this matter. Next week will be 6 weeks waiting on one pcm replacement.

Thank you for your time and help getting this matter resolved.

Kevin Mayer

If this is the way Ford dealership treats their customers, no wonder no one buys Ford products, turning to Honda, Toyota etc.

I will not purchase another Ford product or recommend their products going forward. Maybe Ford Motor Company service division can help me resolve my problem

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Beware of Ford of Montebello service department

Guest

If you worked in a Ford parts department for 17 years and got the same part in 7-10 days, why didn’t you take the initiative now and show them how it’s done?

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2499529

I most certainly did recommend using a local supplier, and their response is they have to get the part from a vendor they can use a purchase order to process the order

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2499536

No, I don’t mean recommend a place to the dealer, I mean you actually track it down and order it.

View more comments (2)
Russ L Rzo

Ford Rebates & Quaility of GPS

Ford Rebates & Quaility of GPS

2024 F350 King Ranch DRW ($97,000)

I was advised of a factory direct rebate of $1000, I had a certificate number and a program number, but the dealership could not find the amount in the system, they told me to contact Ford, Ford said they can't talk to the customer, even talked to local factory rep, so Ford factory and dealership don't talk so I am out.

The GPS is loosing signal, but the not when the dealership has, and they need to keep it until it fails, and and nobody will give a loaner car, and both say I am SOL if I take the truck back until they can find the issue, and it's not leaving any codes

Loss:
Pros:
  • Good looking truck
Cons:
  • Customer needs are ignored

User's recommendation: Beware of Customer Service

Melissa S Mze

Ford refuses to stand behind their product

Ford refuses to stand behind their product
Ford refuses to stand behind their product - Image 2
Ford refuses to stand behind their product - Image 3
Not satisfied my issue has not been resolved even after presenting them with proof that they were aware of the defective product.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Name recognition
Cons:
  • Same name recognition has a bad reputation

Preferred solution: Vehicle repair covered in full by Ford as promised

User's recommendation: Buyer beware, do your research

CHARLES E Nwf

Verified Reviewer

Franchisee not meeting sales completion obligations

Purchased a new Ford Mustang from Crain Ford in Jacksonville, AR on April 27, 2024. I have not, as of this date, received the necessary documentation to register the vehicle in my state of MS.

The vehicle was financed through Ford but has been paid off. The dealer has been made aware of this deficiency several times and has not responded. I am subject to financial penalties in MS for failing to register this vehicle in a timely manner. I would expect Ford/Crain to cover any of this expense as it is entirely their fault.

The dealer also delivered the vehicle without a temporary tag, thus I was unable to use the car for several days after delivery. I have not sought legal advice (cost prohibitive) but believe this vehicle may be subject to return to the dealer for a full and complete refund. The car has been driven less than 200 miles and is currently unused and undriven, and is covered in my garage pending a resolution to this Ford problem. Please advise, if you can, of the steps Ford or I can take to complete this sale.

I bought my first new Ford (Fairlane) in 1962 and have purchased many since, but this is the worst experience I've had in all these years. I am very unhappy with Crain and with Ford.

Dissatisfied customer: Charles E. Dry

Loss:
Pros:
  • Good style
  • Good car
Cons:
  • Unreliable dealerships

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do complete research on any prospective selling dealer. Eliminate dealer if any negative or neutral reviews.

Joshua D Zpk

| map-marker Rowlett, Texas

2019 Ford Escape - failed transmission and failed engine in under five years

My 2019 Ford Escape had a failed motor before year three and a failed transmission before year five. (About 12,000 dollars in repairs) Ford did not stand by their product; they told me tough luck. Just a bad company that makes a bad product. Stay away from Ford.

User's recommendation: Don’t buy a Ford…ever.

Kathleen M Mmo

| map-marker Dédougou, Boucle Du Mouhoun

AutoNation Ford Margate, FL - poor customer service

January 24, 2024,

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing regarding a recent experience that I had in the service department at AutoNation Ford in Margate, FL. I originally brought my 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid there in the summer of 2023 due to the heat and defrost on the passenger side of the car blowing only cold air intermittently.

The problem occurred about 50% of the time I tried to use these functions. While there, the service department could not identify the cause of the problem. At this time the vehicle had 29,000 miles on it, and was still covered under warranty. I was told by Andrew (my service advisor), that the problem has been documented, and if it persists I should bring the vehicle back, and the repair would be covered since the problem originated before the warranty expiration.

On January 22, 2024 at 7:30am, I brought my vehicle back to AutoNation Ford in Margate, FL, for the same problem, which was now occurring at 90% of the time, and impeding safe driving, since the cold air would freeze up the passenger side of the front window, making it impossible to see out of.

When Andrew called the next day to explain the necessary repairs, I reminded him that all costs should be covered as indicated during my previous visit. Andrew indicated that he would discuss this with a manager, Drew, and then he would call me back. Andrew called me back three hours later and informed me that the repairs would not be covered by the warranty, but they were willing to offer me a discount on the repairs, bringing the total cost to $723. I asked to speak with the manager.

Three hours later, the manager still had not reached out to me, so I had to text Andrew and ask that the manager please call me prior to the end of the day so that this issue could be resolved, as I had now been without a vehicle to get to and from work and to get my child to and from school. Drew then called me and we discussed my dissatisfaction with his business not honoring the information that they discussed with me six months ago. I explained how I made decisions regarding my vehicle based on the information they gave me, and how I was not prepared to pay $723 at this time. When I expressed my unhappiness with their inability to diagnose the problem the first time and then wanting to charge me $723 when they found the issue the second time, he indicated that it was not their fault.

It certainly is not the customers fault that they failed during our first visit.

My lawyer has told me that this disregard by Ford to honor their word falls under the principle of promissory estoppel. If you are not familiar, this is the legal principle that a promise is enforceable by law when the promisor has made a promise that the promisee reasonably relies on, and suffers detrimental loss when it is not upheld. Ford has not upheld their promise, and I have now suffered a loss not only financially, but I have also been without a vehicle for work and family duties.

I hope that you will consider rectifying this situation and make the decision to do what is morally correct for the customer as a business within my community. In the meantime, I will continue to voice my dissatisfaction with AutoNation Ford of Margate and Ford Motor Company to the Better Business Bureau, Google reviews, Yelp reviews, Facebook, etc.

My husband and I have both driven Ford vehicles for much of our adult lives.

We will no longer do business with Ford in any capacity. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Kathy McBrien mcbrienkp@***.com

Loss:
Pros:
  • I love the key pad on the vehicles
Cons:
  • Customer care team

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Stay Away from AutoNation Ford, Margate, FL - they are unethical and lie to the customer

Anita C Fhk

Worst ever

Ford - Worst ever
Ford - Worst ever - Image 2

2yr old Ranger pick up with 25000 miles still under warranty. Got stuck on the road, got towed, 2hrs from my house.

2 weeks later picked up my car spent half a day going back and forth only to pull in to my driveway with the same issue. There was no charge since it was covered under warranty. Called all bunch of dealerships close to me no one provides a loaner unless the vehicle was bought at that dealership even than its few months out. Called customer service only to find out that they will reimburse for a rental of a Ford vehicle only and only $40 a day.

This company is a joke, how are ppl still buying this name brand of a vehicle.

If I could have given it 0 stars I would. I hope ppl stop buying their vehicles, they suck and customer service is even worse.

Preferred solution: A loaner car of the same type that I have.

Craig S Moj

| map-marker Bettendorf, Iowa

Horrible Customer Service

Had a failure on a Super Duty engine. Vehicle was still in Powertrain warranty and tried to get it in.

Dealership couldn't get in right away, so i was forced to wait. By the time the dealer finally got the vehicle in, the powertrain warranty had expired. Now Ford and the dealer want me to pay full retail ($7000) for the bill. How is this legal?

I fought back, and because it's a known issue with super duties, they offered to reduce my bill. My bill should be $0. Not sure how this is legal.

Even filing a complaint with Ford direct led nowhere. Awful customer service, they had better figure this out or they will lose life-long customers, i know i'm not the only one.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Well known product and long history with the company
Cons:
  • Do not properly support their life-long customers
  • Support is diminishing and quality is tanking

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Product quality and support is diminishing.

map-marker Grand Rapids, Michigan

Waiting for new build

Hello I have not heard back from Ford. We are anxiously waiting for a new Ford Transit 15 passenger van. We ordered in September, but the build process is not even started yet.My daughter has special needs and is in a wheelchair. Our van has 210,000 miles on it and we are averaging two medical appointments a week. We are so fearful of a breakdown. We have a large family and cannot afford to rent a special handicap van.Our our order is a Ford Transit with a mid roof. Once we get the van, it still has to be converted to handicap accessible. Time is a huge factor.
Resolved
Cristian V Spt

| map-marker Bucharest, Bucharest

Resolved: Technical support inquiery

Ford - Technical support inquiery
Updated by user Feb 23, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. By my own efforts and with the strong cooperation of one of the Ford dealers where I have ask for help.Local Ford Romania organisation was not involved in solving the issue.

Updated by user Feb 12, 2024

When facing real problems with the local Ford dealers and authorisedservices, the local Ford Romania organisation simply disapear.It will be a real support for us to have the contacts of the Ford organisation who is coordinateing the local Ford Romania organisation. Hope I am not asking for to much. Can you help, please?With best regards,

Original review Feb 08, 2024
The authorised service work shops in my country can not perform the acualisation of the SYNC soft and the new maps actualisation. The local Ford organisation is refusing to send us recomandations where to succesfully make this operations. Kindly ask for your help.
Larry P Fmg

| map-marker Somerset, Kentucky

Recall on manifold intake

i hope im at the right place.We own a Ford F-150 and a Mercury Grand Marques.Both broke down within 3 weeks of one another.The cost to fix each is close to 1000.00.I am handy capped and am forced to live on a fixed income because of a operation gone bad.Ill get to the point i was informed about a case action law suite in which Ford agreed to fix or pay for the repairs on certain cars and trucks because of a plastic intake manifold that was installed on the vehicles.i didn't know what to do so i went and seen a lawyer .He looked up the law suite and found it but was puzzled as to giving me a solid answer as to Ford fixing my vehicles.So he suggested i touch base with Ford Motor Company to see if in fact you will honor fixing them.He said i may have to file my own case.I hope that's not the case i'm not looking for a hand out nor do i want a lawyer with his hands in it.iv'e got no transportation just want my vehicles fixed.will you do what is right and fix them.Iv'e always been loyal to ford i hope you'll stand by me.My vehicles are a 1999 Ford F-150 5.4 motor and 2000 Mercury Grand Marques 4.6 motor.thank You

Loss:
Pros:
  • Make a great vehicle dependable eye catching
Cons:
  • Really cant think of any

Preferred solution: im out money on paying for rides.And without my truck cant make any extra money.But im not a greedy person ide be happy just to be able to fix my car and truck.ill eat the two tow bills 150.0011150

User's recommendation: stay up on recalls and problems in general that may pose a problem with your car.i didnt and i was blind sided 2 vehicles down and no way to fix them.If i would have keep up with say a forum from Ford i feel i would not be in the mess i;m in. Hopefully they will stand good for the repairs

Lori J Ekx

| map-marker Denham Springs, Louisiana

Defect

I have brought my moms

2018 ford focus se to two ford dealerships. I brought vehicle in due to jerking, bucking when trying to accelerate and first I heard a clink clank noise when I accelerate then the car will jerk, buck and its hard to get up to speed.

Brought it to one ford dealership and know this there were zero lights or signals that came up to indicate something was wrong with the car. First dealership said it was the clutch so ok cool got it changed and I wasnt out the dealership parking lot and it was stilllll doing samething I brought car in for. I see the service manager, hes rude by the way, anyways we go for a ride and he feels it jerking and the click clack noise and proceeds to tell me thats normal for the ford focus to do that so I ask why the *** its been in the shop needing the clutch changed and they changed it and its still doing same thing I brought it in for YET he says its normal. Okay so I go get second opinion today at another ford dealership and got nowheres.

Because I have no lights on indicating a problem and supposedly tech drove it and it drove fine for him there was nothing they could do. Now Im pissed. So service writer tells me its normal for the ford focus bc the way the clutch shifts. I asked him if he thought I was dumb.

He used an example of like actually shifting a stick shift. Really!!! We leave as the card jerks and bucks and makes the noise. NOT to mention Ive never put gas in this car like I do now.

So I asked service guy so I drive it til it breaks down bc All along its the transmission messing up like I been saying and he told me yes pretty much. NOW at he defect there was a lawsuit BUT the 2017-**** ford focus wasnt included in lawsuit even though it has the Powershift DPS6 just like the fords that were in the lawsuit. There is something wrong with this car. Its gonna leave us on the side of the road.

Its got a warranty on it. So thats why they keep making excuses or saying its normal? Bc they wont get paid good enough? They dont know how to fix it so make excuses?

Please help make it make sense. Im sick of accelerating and jerking and not picking up speed and cars behind me honking bc the car wont pick up speed fast enough AND nonstop putting gas in the car. I dont get it. But I do know this..

the dealerships got the notice from ford about the defect and NOT the owners. Thats wrong!!! So what am I to do?? Call our news station people and put my story out there to get someone to listen and do something??

Its funny I sent an email to the service writer about the defects and he never responded. What this is gonna do is the gears will get worn out and the transmission will cause the car to break down and then what?

What kind of excuses with these two dealerships make up. The transmission is the problem or something else besides the clutch that has something to do with the transmission causing All this.

User's recommendation: Becareful and don’t stop with just “it’s normal” when you know there is something wrong going on with your car.

Ezell H Xqg

| map-marker Searcy, Arkansas

Oil belt

MYy wife and are the proud owners of 3 ford vehicles but that will soon change. ford knows that a recall coming for oil belt issues.

my problem is our 2020 eco sport is now inoperable because yet ford refuses to even give us a loaner or rental. Telling us we have to actually wait for parts the car didnt wait to malfunction. this is bad business on you guys. as a long time buyer of 2 f150"s and the eco sport my wife and i will be getting rid of all 3 vehicles.

the lack of attenion and non willing to even provide a loaner was the last straw for us. i know we are just 2 people of millions but i cant /wont recomend another ford to anybody

Preferred solution: my wife and i would simply like a loaner vehicle until the situation is resolved

map-marker Salt Lake City, Utah

Not staying true to the word on re call on escape.

My 2013 Ford escape started having engine problems .I instantly had it checked out of course,because iv always taken good care of my escape.The test results read #2 cylinder failure due to antifreeze leaking into the gas !!! Which then cracked a head ,that caused engine failure.

Now Ford is saying ahhh no can't help me due to my escape has to many miles .If your vehicle has over 84.000 Ford just turns you down !! But here's the thing a Ford rep told me and gave me a confirmation number to get all repairs after she looked up on I'm assuming a computer !! That my escape would qualify!!!

Lucky lil me I got shot down .Now my escape has Possibly $9.000 of damage .I'll never own a Ford agsin.This has been a crisis.Im in debt ! Thanks you FORD for all the Fun!!!

User's recommendation: Check Ford reviews And think twice

Guest

They only have to guarantee the vehicle for the warranty period. That ends at 3 year or 38K miles or 5 years 50K miles for drive train. You do not even qualify for the 80K emission warranty.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article