2.1
Interest Rate
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

I'm am getting very disappointed with Ford for the way you have treated me after I finally started to buy an American car after my last one in 1985.

When I bought my car in 1985, a Merker XR4TI, I had a five year warranty on it, which I had two turbos, transmission and air conditioning replaced which was covered with a car rental. I said I would never buy American cars in the future. Since, I owned Japanese and recently Korea cars (which had 10,000 miles or 5 year warranty) and never had complaints about service or warranty.

I bought a brand new Ford Escape in October 2014. On May, 2015 with about 4,800 miles the car overheated. I had it towed to Airport Marina Ford, which they told me there was a defective radiator which they replaced. They never checked the engine to see if there might be additional problems. After I got my car back, I got had my oil changed by my mechanic, he said the overflow tank had a problem. When I took it to the dealer, they said it was ok.

On July, 2017 the car would not start. I had it towed to Airport Marina and they replaced the Battery. They suggested that I replace cabin air filter which costs $77.72.

On November, 2017, I had a check engine light indicator on my car. I brought it back to Airport Marina which they said they replaced the Electronic Engine Control valve. Since it was out of warranty, I had to pay $426.08.

On July 27, 2018, I brought my car to my mechanic because of a check engine light was on. After he worked on it for a long time, replaced 2 spark plugs and 2 ignition coils, he showed me the overflow tank was cracked and had to be replaced (I have pictures of this attached). This cost me $355.27. Also my mechanic told me that the spark plug had rust on the treads which indicate that the head gasket is bad.

After 3 weeks I had a check engine light on again, when I brought it to my mechanic, he advise me to take to the dealer with a major engine problem.

After bringing my car to the dealer, I was informed after paying $145.00 for diagnostics test, that the engine has be replaced and will take 2 weeks.

I asked for a car rental, which I was told that the dealer would provide, but I have to wait until Tuesday, (I brought the car early on Friday and Monday was a holiday) but no one called. I called Ford Customer Care Team and was told he would get back to me. I called my service rep twice and left messages to call me be back and got nothing. GREAT SERVICE

I am so disappointed with Ford, I will never buy again and will send my thoughts to media about how I was treated and hope no one will want to buy Ford in the future

Buy something reliable such as Japanese or ever Korean (They back their cars with 100,000 miles or 10 years)

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 05.

Comments