I broke down in the West Texas desert, 800 miles from home, on a vacation trip. I had my car towed to Stockton Ford in Fort Stockton, because they had a Ford dealer there, and an authorized dealer should be able to do competent service for whatever problem a car might have. Right???

The town is basically like something out of the Twilight Zone or an HP Lovecraft story, but that's another matter. I ended up having to take a bus to another city in order to rent a car. (I tried to rent a car from a local business, but his reply to my inquiry consisted of "Do wha-a-at?") The next day, it took me several attempts to get through to them -- the phone reception was marginal where I was, and the little secretary munchkin kept hanging up on me. But finally I got through to somebody.

I was told that they were backlogged and short-staffed and it might take a few days to get it worked on. OK, fine. At the end of the week, no dice, but maybe in a few more days. At the end of that week, I was told to wait another week. You can see how that goes. I contacted Ford customer service, and they wrote something about it on some bulletin. A *** of a lot of good that did. After a month of having my chain pulled, I arranged to have it towed back. Needless to say, it's not cheap to have a car towed for 800 miles. But having to rent a car all this time was killing me. One of my co-workers, on his spare time off, had it diagnosed within about half an hour of looking at it, and got it fixed after a couple of evenings. It turned out to be a small part that a fully equipped auto shop with professional mechanics could have had replaced within probably no more than 3 or 4 hours.

So folks, if you ever break down in the desert of West Texas, take it anywhere but Stockton Ford!

Product or Service Mentioned: Ford Repair.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 29, 2010.

Comments

Yes it is the twilight zone there, hope you checked out the Marfa Lights while you were in the area. Now those are really twilight zone stuff since no one can explain where the lights come from.

Sorry your experience was bad but they just have a different thing going on out there. They just dont take to strangers well.