In 2005 I bought a 2004 Freestar Ford Van. It had about 20,000 miles on it. Last Monday with 67,000 miles on it, the transmission goes bad with no warning what-so-ever.

I had regular maintenance performed nad never ever abused this vehicle. Does this fit into the "Lemon Law". Now I have to pay $3,200.00 to get it fixed.

I have owned Ford products for years and had good luck with them. I doubt I will buy another Ford product.

There must be some defect in these vehicles transmissions. Please inform me if this is so.

Had an Experience with Ford?

Comments

Brandon, Minnesota, United States #3707

I have a 2000 ford focus.It only has 97,000 miles on it and the ignition key would not turn.

I just happened to be in a parking lot in the daytime. I had to have it towed to the ford place. I was told it would be 150.00 charge for the ignition to be fixed. It ended up costing me $722.29 to get it fixed.

I think this is a outrage. Ford knows that the switches are bad and they don't want to pay for them to be replaced. I don't think I will ever own another ford. The dealership I had it fixed at was Scenic motors in Mt Airy NC.

It took them 3 days to get it fixed and I called everyday 2 and 3 times to check on it. I asked them how much more was all the work they was having to do would cost. They would not tell me, said they would have to fugure it up. When they did they told my husband 480.00.

When I went to pay it it was 722.29. I asked them about it and they said they did not tell him that figure. I paid the debt but I am not a bit pleased and I told them that.

I wish someone would check into this matter and that Ford Motor company would pay for the faulty ignitions in these cars..They can contact me a smbishop62@yahoo.com