Bought a fORD lIGHTNING NEW IN 2004 AND HAD 100,000 FANTASTIC MILES OF TRUE PERFORMANCE BUT AFTER 104,000 NEEDED NEW SPARK PLUGS SO NEVER LETTING ANYONE BUT fORD DEALER TOUCH MY LIGHTNING I TOOK IT TO WAXAHACHIE AUTOPLEX FORD DEALER AND THEY PUT IN EIGHT AGSF22WM SPARK PLUGS WHILE THE CORRECT PART NUMBER SHOULD HAVE BEEN A COLDER AGSF12FM1. AFTER FOUR THOUSAND MILES THE PLUGS WERE TOTAL BURNED UP AND TWO VALVES WERE BURNT CAUSING A TOTAL ENGINE REBUILD. WAXAHACHIE AUTOPLEX FORD SAYS IT'S OKAY TO RUN A HOTTER PLUG IN THE LIGHTNING AND THEY ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANYTHING INCLUDING REFUNDING THE $403 THAT THEY CHARGED ME TO CHANGE THE PLUGS.

Had an Experience with Ford?

Comments

#205638

:( I feel all ya lls pain,,,,,I done the same thing, but when they suck you into the fin.office, BEWEAR and READ it ALL.

They will change the numbers and add stuff .

They just keep saying sign here, here, here, here.READ THIS STUFF FOLKS

The shop at Waxahachie Ford is terrible.It was OK when Thornhill owned it but it is awful now.

I wasted a ton of money with them chasing an Oxygen sensor/engine light problem and finally got it fixed at Doug Stanley in DeSoto.I'd never take a car there again...and they lost my next car purchase, too.

guess that is why they have a "F" rating at the BBB