After running errands, I parked the truck outside with the windows rolled half ways. Later that day, I got on the truck and the first thing I wanted to do was to put up the windows to turn the ac on, since it was a hot and humid evening. As soon as I pressed the up button, a loud noise was heard followed by a crushing sound. We realized that the window wasn’t working and drove off in the hot weather with my 8 month old on the back. After informing my husband of this problem, he checked it out and couldn’t determine what was wrong with it since it was dark outside. He assumed it was the window motor. The truck stayed with the window down all night; good thing, it didn’t get stolen!

The next morning, he investigated the problem and came to the conclusion that the motor wasn’t working but that the crushing sound was coming from some wiring. We searched the internet and found out that many people had the same problem. There were step-by-step instructions on how to remove the door panel. When the panel was removed, he saw the cables that run through the motor completely jammed. There was damage to the motor pulley and the cables were beyond repair. That means that we have to replace the window motor (about $50) and window regulator (about $65).

It is expensive to have the work done at the dealership (about $400-$500), so we decided to shop around and order the parts to fix it ourselves. It is still costly, but rather pay about $150 than $500. Some people have warranty on which they still have to pay a $100 deductible.

I’m so frustrated since this is the vehicle we rely on to take trips and do about everything else. We live across the border to Mexico; not safe to park in certain areas and having a window that falls down/breaks is a big NO, NO! Not to mention the danger facing people at the moment of driving around, especially in highways. I used to drive 15 minutes on the highway to get to my job, just wondering what could have happened if the window snaps out of nowhere!

While searching the web, I read about 100 complaints pertaining to this matter. There were consumers that had all four windows defective and in some cases, it was a repetitive problem. I’m so disappointed of Ford, cannot believed they haven’t made a recall on this issue. It should be a factory/manufacturer’s problem, not ours! >:(

Review about: Ford Repair.

Had an Experience with Ford?

Comments